I've been fortunate enough to have tried the HoloLens a few times earlier this year, and the experience was, well, quite amazing. As very much a newbie to AR/VR at the time, I couldn't stop smiling as I placed objects around the room, played games and watched enemies bust out of the walls around me. So immersive, so great, so much fun.

Was wondering if there are any HoloLens owners/users out there that would mind sharing their first experiences with us? For me it was one of those rare occasions where trying out something new actually made me... smile.
    12-07-2016 11:22 AM
    One of my fave firsts on the HoloLens was when I tried out Skype for the first time. I had my friend, Steve, give me a call. The cafe I was in had a cardboard stand-up of Elvis, and Steve could see himself in the HoloLens view, so I put his head on the Elvis cutout. We laughed pretty hard at that.

Share your HoloLens first experiences!-20160603_155510_skype.jpg

On the development side, the first time I managed to get an object to detect the environment and react to it was pretty exhilarating. Even just getting a ball to bounce off the walls with positional audio was pretty rad. I wish I had more time to play with it lately!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-07-2016 11:45 AM
    lol that's amazing. I did try Skype briefly too, but sadly no cardboard Elvis cutout to mess about with lol
    12-07-2016 01:12 PM
    I've heard people complain that the imagery doesn't go to the periphery of your vision. Was that really noticeable/immersion breaking?
    12-08-2016 03:16 PM
    I finally got to try HoloLens and it blew my mind | Windows Central

Finally got to try it this weekend now it's not just for 'Muricans. Mind blowing. I'm also not writing the same words twice, so there ya go! ;-)
    12-15-2016 12:35 PM
    LOL nice hidden function EgoAnt, something I wanted to know, if there is another competitor to HOlolens which really marks a difference, I'm reading a lot of other brands doing a lot so was wondering how could be a comparison.

Have any of you tried any other AR device to compare it with the Hololens?
    12-15-2016 12:40 PM