Hey! I tried looking all over online and couldn't get any clear answers. Hoping you all can help!

I bought a lenovo explorer VR headset today which works with windows mixed reality environment. I noticed that every time I put on the headset it automatically opens the mixed reality environment. No matter what. Does that mean this headset can ONLY be used via mixed reality environment? Because that system really sucks... and is so much slower than using my computer. For example, I have a strong computer but typing in the webbrowser in WMR is very very laggy.

Also, I have a third party video player for VR --can I not use this? Or can only use it by going through WMR? If so that is realllly stupid...

Anyway, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    12-14-2017 10:45 PM
    Hopefully @krisguy can help here. He is our resident WMR expert!
    12-16-2017 10:43 AM
    Hey! I tried looking all over online and couldn't get any clear answers. Hoping you all can help!

I bought a lenovo explorer VR headset today which works with windows mixed reality environment. I noticed that every time I put on the headset it automatically opens the mixed reality environment. No matter what. Does that mean this headset can ONLY be used via mixed reality environment? Because that system really sucks... and is so much slower than using my computer. For example, I have a strong computer but typing in the webbrowser in WMR is very very laggy.

Also, I have a third party video player for VR --can I not use this? Or can only use it by going through WMR? If so that is realllly stupid...
    I'm confused by what you are trying to explain. The Cliff House is the environment and desktop for WMR devices. It has to be running for WMR to function. Are you saying that you want the goggles just to only run when you open an app? If that's the case, prepare to be disappointed. No VR system works without its home.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-16-2017 12:51 PM