What is the difference between HoloLens, Vive and Oculus Rift? How do they compare, in terms of game play and comfort?
    07-18-2016 12:01 PM
    Its almost completely different technology Between the two, Hololens MSRP is 3,000. Vive is 799. Rift is 699. As you move down the chain, you give up functionality for price IMO.

Hololens is, in concept, kind of like a pair of glasses that have an "overlay" over the real world. Very cool for law enforcement, military and medical.

Vive is a really interesting headset, and my favourite to play with. It does full room control - so you can walk around and play with stuff.

Oculus is OK, its an xbox remote + VR headset combo like OSVR. Kind of like, what I consider, semi-VR.

Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Video games (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    07-18-2016 07:36 PM
    I agree here. I got to try a demo for Hololens last week. It was cool tech and very much like an overlay as KermEd suggests, but the experience wasn't like what Vive provided. In Hololens I placed a hip-hop dancer beside me in the room and made it my size. that' was cool because it looked though the dancer was right in the room with me save for the gridlines of the box. Sort of a wow moment for me.

The Vive blew me out of the water with the 10 minute demo at Gamestop a few months ago. I still remember being in the headset and painting the moon in TiltBrush, ducking out of the way in the space pirates demo, and dodging the stingray on the underwater ship. "Immersive" doesn't do it justice. It was magic and if I had the money, I'd seriously buy it.

In my limited experience, I would say that Hololens is cool and could be useful, but Vive is engaging and entertaining and really out of this world.
    10-13-2016 01:21 PM
    What I want it Microsoft to release the final consumer version.
    10-19-2016 04:40 AM
    Microsoft announced their VR set yesterday - I guess this is not the Hololens.

Microsoft announces new VR headsets for Windows 10, starting at $299 - The Verge
    10-27-2016 02:32 PM