I have a kiosk set up for people to experience different activities at our summer Kamp via 360 video in a Samsung HMD Odyssey connected to a windows laptop. I can run the headset through HDMI and video the video preview through my thunderbolt 3 port. The problem is, I want to have the audio in the headset AND coming out of the TV for the audience watching to be able to hear as well. I can't find any settings in windows to let me feed audio out of two different ports. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Has anybody tried using an active HDMI splitter? That was my next thought.
    03-07-2019 11:55 AM
    Thanks for posting, Justin.

With systems like the Vive and Oculus Rift, there's a 3.5mm headphone jack to run a splitter out of. WMD headsets with built in headphones don't have that option due to HDMI design.

Honestly, the best way to do it would be to find a third-party audio mixer app for Windows that outputs over multiple Windows audio outputs at the same time. Be careful, this does add a bit of overhead to the system. It makes it hard for streaming and VR.
    Thanks for posting, Justin.

With systems like the Vive and Oculus Rift, there's a 3.5mm headphone jack to run a splitter out of. WMD headsets with built in headphones don't have that option due to HDMI design.

Honestly, the best way to do it would be to find a third-party audio mixer app for Windows that outputs over multiple Windows audio outputs at the same time. Be careful, this does add a bit of overhead to the system. It makes it hard for streaming and VR.
    03-07-2019 05:43 PM