Good Day, The VR setup for two environments, the Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal and also the Steam VR for MMR went well on this new Dell but applications in both environments have an identical controller problem. Although the controllers are recognized and tracked the trigger buttons on neither left or right will activate features in apps. For example:
    1) In the MMR Portal running the application Hello Mars the intro completes and a set of buttons are provided to move into new experiences. The controller pointer highlights the buttons which change illumination and audibly plink but the trigger will not actuate the button.
    2) In Steam environment I start the Tutorial and when the guide prompts a test of the triggers they are not functional.

Thus far I've verified all Windows updates and Windows Mixed Reality updates are also in place. The Microsoft system test utility for MMR indicates the system is good to go. The Dell utility verified all the drivers are up to-date and the AMD Radon tool updated those drivers as well.

I've looked at all the menus and settings I can find about the controllers and the interfaces all indicate that they are both identified, paired, and properly tracked. The touchpads and the thumb sticks do work in the MMR Portal home environment so I can jump around and rotate. The index finger triggers just don't respond.

Anyone else solved this mystery?
    Thanks,
    Marty
    12-20-2017 02:05 AM
    I'll see if I can ping @krisguy, he is our WMR expert.
    12-20-2017 01:01 PM
    Make sure you run Windows Update after unpairing and repairing the controls in Windows 10. This will force any firmware updates to the WMR controllers.

If that doesn't fix it, contact the headset manufacturer for an RMA on the controls and/or further troubleshooting.
    12-20-2017 02:26 PM
    pkcable, krisguy...Thanks for the support on this. I'll run one of the controllers back to "...." and ask them to test it in their demo setup. This should at least rule out a hardware concern. I make a point of returning here with what I learn. Thanks Gents! Marty
    pkcable and krisguy like this.
    12-21-2017 12:02 AM
    How did this turn out? Was it a hardware problem? I got mine with the same problem now. Only on the left controller though.
    Everything works fine, just the trigger on the left controller doesn't. I'm looking for hours to see if it's a software issue...
    01-16-2019 09:49 AM