I'm putting this thread in the Where are you using.... category because I am not sure where to put it.

LinkedIn did a great thing, and I just found out about it. Lynda.com is now available through most public libraries in the United States for members. I joined, and started watching a course on how to shoot panoramas with DSLRs. It has some great tips.

The Lynda.com course is here: https://www.lynda.com/Lightroom-tuto.../480104-2.html

If you want to use a library to login, go to your library's website, then find the Lynda.com link there. On your mobile device, grab the Lynda app, click login, then put the URL of the library you use. Once the login is up, you will usually have to login with your library card number and PIN/pass.

Thought it might be handy for people that want to make more content we can view in our VR headsets.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-06-2016 11:36 AM
    Very great training I found with that option from LinkedIn, thanks for sharing mate!

Well I will use your thread while the video from Lynda is charging to share two options from Microsoft I used years ago with my old Nokia N900 (The best phone I ever got)

First to say I haven't used it for VR or tested, I just remember about it while was watching the video.

Image Compositor:
    Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research

Image Composite Editor (ICE) is an advanced panoramic image stitcher created by the Microsoft Research Computational Photography Group. Given a set of overlapping photographs of a scene shot from a single camera location, the app creates a high-resolution panorama that seamlessly combines the original images. ICE can also create a panorama from a panning video, including stop-motion action overlaid on the background. Finished panoramas can be shared with friends and viewed in 3D by uploading them to the Photosynth web site. Panoramas can also be saved in a wide variety of image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, and Photoshop’s PSD/PSB format, as well as the multiresolution tiled format used by HD View and Deep Zoom.

Photosynth:
    https://photosynth.net/

Photosynth is a powerful set of tools for capturing and viewing the world in 3D. You can share your creations with your friends on Facebook, or embed them in your own blog or Web site.

Years ago when I used them you just simply capture the photos and the software handle to make a panorama picture or video (never tried the video option).

I think I need to sort out a little bit my time to take again a lot of stuff
    11-06-2016 07:33 PM