I have an XBox and want to know if it supports VR? If it does, what headsets are/will be compatible with it?
    06-23-2016 11:25 AM
    The current Xbox One console will not support VR directly, but there are plans to make it so you can play Xbox One games in VR using the Oculus Rift. That hasn't happened yet, but seems exciting.

The next Xbox, currently called Project Scorpio, will have some additional VR capabilities. Microsoft hasn't been particularly clear about what exactly those are yet, but I'm hoping we'll be able to connect a VR headset and have some fun!
    The current Xbox One console will not support VR directly, but there are plans to make it so you can play Xbox One games in VR using the Oculus Rift. That hasn't happened yet, but seems exciting.

The next Xbox, currently called Project Scorpio, will have some additional VR capabilities. Microsoft hasn't been particularly clear about what exactly those are yet, but I'm hoping we'll be able to connect a VR headset and have some fun!
    06-23-2016 12:57 PM
    Xbox's Project Scorpio coming end of 2017 will be VR ready machine. They have not announced which VR headsets will be compatible with it as of yet.
    06-23-2016 02:01 PM
    With the working relationship Microsoft has with Facebook I cant see them going with anything other then Oculus. And when you consider the fact that Oculus owners are already using the Xbox One controller and that the new touch controls still have the same look as the One's controller I think it's a safe bet it will be the Rift..
    07-16-2016 10:07 AM
    well don't they have augmented reality?
    07-21-2016 01:47 AM
    well don't they have augmented reality?
    Yes they do and I'm sure they would like to see that become a gaming platform at some point but right now it is more aimed at enterprise. Also the Holo lens is its own stand alone computer. It is not something that is built as a peripheral but as a stand alone device.
    07-22-2016 08:04 PM