This might sound stupid but I donr know much about any VR tech, havent had a chance to try any but my kids really want to try one. What can they do?? Just games?
    10-23-2016 09:47 AM
    This might sound stupid but I donr know much about any VR tech, havent had a chance to try any but my kids really want to try one. What can they do?? Just games?
    There is educational programs as well, like Titans of Space, and Appolo 11.
    You can explore the earth in various ways as well.
    10-23-2016 10:09 AM
    Rift Crushes the Vive now. I would like to hear one thing the Vive does better? Sure it had room scale earlier, but Oculus has better room scale now. The Vive is due for a new model already, while the Rift is just getting going. Software for the Vive seems to be slowi g down as well, and valves support doesn't seem great. And steam VR is awful.
    How does Oculus have better room scale now? I agree steam VR needs bugs ironing out. It very rarely exits a game for me properly but at least it does reboot very fast.
    10-23-2016 01:09 PM
    How does Oculus have better room scale now? I agree steam VR needs bugs ironing out. It very rarely exits a game for me properly but at least it does reboot very fast.
    Oculus has superior tracking now, and Oculus home is flawless
    10-23-2016 01:15 PM
    Oculus has superior tracking now, and Oculus home is flawless
    Superior tracking with 2,3 or 4 sensors? One thing I don't like about Oculus home the desktop version at least is they have no user reviews.
    10-23-2016 01:35 PM
    Superior tracking with 2,3 or 4 sensors? One thing I don't like about Oculus home the desktop version at least is they have no user reviews.
    3 sensors are recommended.
    10-23-2016 01:39 PM
    3 sensors are recommended.
    Fair enough any progress is good. Don't know if Vive will allow you to add more sensors later? Might not be possible.
    10-23-2016 01:46 PM
    Fair enough any progress is good. Don't know if Vive will allow you to add more sensors later? Might not be possible.
    I know you can do at least 4 with the Rift
    10-23-2016 01:50 PM
    I know you can do at least 4 with the Rift
    That's good having the option. It wouldn't be practical at all in my room though. I could get away with one more if it could be front facing.
    10-23-2016 01:53 PM
    Thats kind of what I have been getting at. Vive might have had more options at the start, but now, Steam VR is a steaming pile of garbage, they seem to not care about support of their HMD, and Oculus is running perfect and still plowing ahead in the game.
    10-23-2016 01:55 PM
    Thats kind of what I have been getting at. Vive might have had more options at the start, but now, Steam VR is a steaming pile of garbage, they seem to not care about support of their HMD, and Oculus is running perfect and still plowing ahead in the game.
    It's still relatively early days. Though that's not an excuse. As an example the xbox one dashboard was a joke to begin with.
    10-23-2016 01:58 PM
    It's still relatively early days. Though that's not an excuse. As an example the xbox one dashboard was a joke to begin with.
    I dont understand how that is relevant, especially if they don't seem to be doing anything to remedy the problem.
    10-23-2016 02:04 PM
    I dont understand how that is relevant, especially if they don't seem to be doing anything to remedy the problem.
    So the Vive is dead in Valves eyes is that what you mean? Or do you think they are moving on already? Even if the Vive 2 is already their priority. They would still have to progress on the software side of things. It's possible that wouldn't help at all with the software of the original Vive but unlikely I would hazard a guess. Well I hope that's not the case as that won't be good for VR in general. I'm frustrated too but they are treading into new territory. I will give them a pass for the time being.
    10-23-2016 02:14 PM
    Thinking about Google cardboard v2.0?
    10-23-2016 03:48 PM
    Gear VR for me. Using it with a Galaxy S7 Edge.
    10-23-2016 04:07 PM
    Using CardBoard till now, its like a tease to the real potential of VR..
    10-24-2016 04:41 AM
    Yea PSVR isn't going to be working with you PC (not for VR games anyway, you could do like a cinematic mode and play your PC games on a virtual screen but thats about it). If you're looking for a PC VR experience and money and space (in your room) is not an issue, then definitely go with the HTC Vive VR. Its the superior experience that gives the most immersive experience. You can try it out at a Microsoft store (assuming they still have demo units up), I think you'll be impressed. Its more expensive and requires more space than the Rift, but its honestly worth it!
    10-24-2016 09:28 AM
    Yea PSVR isn't going to be working with you PC (not for VR games anyway, you could do like a cinematic mode and play your PC games on a virtual screen but thats about it). If you're looking for a PC VR experience and money and space (in your room) is not an issue, then definitely go with the HTC Vive VR. Its the superior experience that gives the most immersive experience. You can try it out at a Microsoft store (assuming they still have demo units up), I think you'll be impressed. Its more expensive and requires more space than the Rift, but its honestly worth it!
    How is it superior?
    10-24-2016 12:37 PM
    Cardboard for now here too. But I'm hoping to hear that Daydream headset will work with the LG G4
    10-24-2016 12:53 PM
    Cardboard for me as of now but an looking to buy a new set in the near future.
    10-24-2016 01:17 PM
    I'd have to be a Daydream, since that's what I often do.
    10-24-2016 01:44 PM
    Cardboard (for my Nexus 6P, 6, or 5) and Gear VR (for my wife's S7 edge) currently. Looking at a 3rd party VR that's under $100 to use on my Nexii.
    10-24-2016 02:40 PM
    Ok so i know minecraft is on the oculus but if its on any other vr systems tell me cause i wanna play VR minecrfat really really badly cause it looks like so much fun
    10-24-2016 03:00 PM
    Ok so i know minecraft is on the oculus but if its on any other vr systems tell me cause i wanna play VR minecrfat really really badly cause it looks like so much fun
    I don't know anything about it but Krisguy has mentioned Vivecraft ? VR Minecraft for the HTC Vive and OpenVR ? VR Minecraft for the HTC Vive and OpenVR a few times.
    10-24-2016 05:38 PM
    Well, I will be getting a free Daydream headset for buying a Pixel XL (32 GB) so that will be my first real VR experience.
    So hope I win the Pixel & Daydream. I got a headset for Christmas last year, it's ok just cheap.
    10-25-2016 07:40 AM
71 123