What works best for this phone in particular? Looking for something of reasonable quality. More expensive suggestions are also welcome I'm looking around 50-150.

Thanks for your time!
    curepute likes this.
    10-14-2016 06:23 AM
    Nexus 6P:

Great camera
    nice build
    timely updates
    great screen
    faster than many smartphones that have same specs

You can also try the S7 Edge. It also has a great camera and build quality. Software is good but update to new Android version takes a lot more time and it, SOMETIMES, lags and heats.

OnePlus 3 is also a good choice.
    10-14-2016 07:12 AM
    I'm still using cardboard - if you're willing to wait I'd bet that the XDA folks will have the 6P working with Google's headset soon after it's available.
    Markxmlx and jsarino like this.
    10-14-2016 01:45 PM
    Nexus 6P:

Great camera
    nice build
    timely updates
    great screen
    faster than many smartphones that have same specs

You can also try the S7 Edge. It also has a great camera and build quality. Software is good but update to new Android version takes a lot more time and it, SOMETIMES, lags and heats.

OnePlus 3 is also a good choice.
    Thanks but I'm not asking about what phone I should but (I already have a 6P). I was asking about what VR headset I should get.
    mellonxcollie likes this.
    10-14-2016 10:35 PM
    I'm still using cardboard - if you're willing to wait I'd bet that the XDA folks will have the 6P working with Google's headset soon after it's available.
    I'd rather not root but maybe it'll be worth it.
    10-14-2016 10:36 PM
    I was wondering the same exact thing. Which VR works best with the Nexus 6P, I've searched various sites but still haven't had a clear answer or obvious choice. Price isn't important as long as the set is quality. TIA
    10-16-2016 12:08 PM
    I was wondering the same exact thing. Which VR works best with the Nexus 6P, I've searched various sites but still haven't had a clear answer or obvious choice. Price isn't important as long as the set is quality. TIA
    I'm more interested in consuming 360 photos and videos rather than playing games so it's not even that demanding. Figured there would be a fairly straightforward answer.
    10-17-2016 06:54 AM
    I use Google Cardboard. I'm a VR noob, but it seems to work rather well.
    10-17-2016 09:53 AM
    I use Google Cardboard. I'm a VR noob, but it seems to work rather well.
    I was hoping for something a bit more comfortable. I'm sure the experience is fine but I'd be interested in wearing it for a more extended period of time without thinking about it.
    10-18-2016 06:41 AM
    I've not personally tried this, but you could look at the Fiit VR headset. It's very cheap as far as headsets go, large field of view, light, eyeglasses-friendly, and augmented reality-ready. The downsides are lack of built in buttons (might have to buy a controller), and lack of a Google Cardboard QR code (you need this to calibrate Cardboard apps). With the latter, you can do a search and find a code borrowed from another headset as a workaround.

I also came across the Freefly VR headset. Pricier than the Fiit, but seems to take care of that headset's shortcomings: has input buttons and a controller. I'd probably lean towards the Freefly myself. Good luck!
    10-19-2016 10:11 AM
    OK, so I found more reviews of the Freefly, but it wasn't as stellar as it looked (about a "3" on Amazon). I did see Canbor's VR headset...that one seems promising: https://www.amazon.com/Headset-Goggl...UvrUvbUpU54745
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-19-2016 05:36 PM
    I've not personally tried this, but you could look at the Fiit VR headset. It's very cheap as far as headsets go, large field of view, light, eyeglasses-friendly, and augmented reality-ready. The downsides are lack of built in buttons (might have to buy a controller), and lack of a Google Cardboard QR code (you need this to calibrate Cardboard apps). With the latter, you can do a search and find a code borrowed from another headset as a workaround.

I also came across the Freefly VR headset. Pricier than the Fiit, but seems to take care of that headset's shortcomings: has input buttons and a controller. I'd probably lean towards the Freefly myself. Good luck!
    Thanks for the info! I'll check it out right away.
    10-20-2016 02:19 AM
    I use the Google cardboard and it does the job. My suggestion is that give it a try, if you don't have any experience with VR headsets and if you liked it, then move on to a product. Then you also know what you should look for. The Chinese plasticy stuff on ebay are as good and less expensive, though.
    krisguy likes this.
    10-20-2016 11:27 AM
    So, am I gathering that Cardboard works well with the Nexus 6p?
    10-20-2016 09:09 PM
    I'm more interested in consuming 360 photos and videos rather than playing games so it's not even that demanding. Figured there would be a fairly straightforward answer.
    Then Cardboard would be the best option. Cheap, easy, and it works with YouTube and 360 photo apps!
    10-20-2016 10:27 PM
    I believe that if the Nexus 6p gets daydream view support, that would be the best choice.
    10-22-2016 12:57 AM
    Thanks but I'm not asking about what phone I should but (I already have a 6P). I was asking about what VR headset I should get.
    Sorry for that.. i would suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the Daydream VR supports Nexus 6P. If it supports, then get the Daydream headset or if you just wanna try out VR then you can buy any headset like a Google cardboard. I have OnePlus's VR headset and its pretty good
    10-22-2016 11:03 AM
    I have read that the 7.1 update (now only in beta) has support for Google daydream.
    10-22-2016 05:58 PM
    I have read that the 7.1 update (now only in beta) has support for Google daydream.
    It supposedly has. However Google has not confirmed anything and in the Daydream developer site there is a warning that the 6p will overheat after a short time of using the Daydream beta. As a 6p user that has Android 7.1.1 installed, I have seen the vr settings but I am unsure if they'll stay there in the future.
    10-23-2016 04:21 PM
    I've heard good things about the View Master VR headset
    10-26-2016 10:08 AM