I see the Lenovo Mirage Solo is available for pre-order online, but does anyone know if it will be available in any stores? Best Buy has it for pre-order but doesn't say if it will be in stores. I'd really like to try it on before I buy one.

The Oculus Go looks tempting, but I really want Google apps such as Street View, YouTube, etc.

Since a phone isn't needed for the Lenovo Mirage Solo, does anyone know how apps get loaded to the headset?

I tried Google Cardboard with my iPhone a few times and it was cool, but my arms got tired holding it to my eyes and stopped using it.

The Oculus Santa Cruz sounds neat, but I don't want to wait until later this year or next year, and Apple is once again late to the game
    05-03-2018 09:05 PM
    I would suspect that it will be in stores, but I just don't know. It's not actually out yet, but on the verge. Additionally like 2 days ago the Oculus Go was released which is sorta like a standalone GearVR, but no phone is required AND it's cheaper than the Mirage, which is like a standalone Daydream. Another option you would have would be to actually get a Google Daydream and then the cheapest phone that supports it, probably the ZTE Axon 7.
    05-04-2018 08:06 AM
    Seems BestBuy is doing demos of the Oculus Go, so one would imagine upon release they will have demos of the Mirage too.....

https://www.androidcentral.com/where-buy-oculus-go

http://forums.vrheads.com/e?link=htt...token=-MEfHpdN
    05-04-2018 10:02 AM
    Thanks.

I've read a couple of reviews for the Lenovo Mirage Solo, and they seem kind of negative towards it. So, I think I am going to pass. I will probably stop by Best Buy this weekend and check out the Oculus Go.

I'll probably wait on purchasing a VR headset though. We'll see.
    05-04-2018 02:33 PM
    Thanks.

I've read a couple of reviews for the Lenovo Mirage Solo, and they seem kind of negative towards it. So, I think I am going to pass. I will probably stop by Best Buy this weekend and check out the Oculus Go.

I'll probably wait on purchasing a VR headset though. We'll see.
    I bought a Go, I have a Google Daydream also with an LG V30 to put in it (Plus I tried the Pixel, Pixel XL, Moto Z, Samsung S8 and Note 8 in it). Yea yea I change phones A LOT! lol I also own a GearVR, but currently don't have a Samsung phone, so the Go replaces it. NOW it's better in a couple ways. The view quality/picture is amazing! It's also standalone, doesn't require a phone. And the price is great! Now the downside. There ARE some missing apps, that ARE available on GearVR, in particular Phonecast beta, YouTube, and Intel True VR. Also you can't sideload apps! Yes you can sideload videos and pictures, BUT apps can not install by running an apk.
    mikepolinske likes this.
    05-07-2018 03:12 PM
    Maybe a cheap phone, not Daydream capable but able to handle Youtube (any cardboard compatible device can), I don't think there is Street View for VR but Google Earth, again Cardboard compatible devices are able to handle it, but you might get a headset for your iPhone where you don't need to hold it.

This two from Amazon are compatible with most iPhones models:
    DESTEK V4 VR Headset
    by DESTEK
    Link: http://a.co/ghGNhAs

Pansonite Vr Headset with Remote Controller, 3d Glasses Virtual Reality Headset for VR Games & 3D Movies, Eye Care System for iPhone and Android Smartphones
    by Pansonite
    Link: http://a.co/bJvfUfP

Maybe take a look and see if that fits you.
    05-13-2018 09:02 PM
    At this point (UNLESS I had money for one of the big boys, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or PSVR) I would get the Oculus Go. For 200 (or 250 if you want more storage), and no need for a phone or PC, it's the way to go! NOW I will warn you, that you need a phone once to help setup the Go, and Android OR iPhone works, and worst case just borrow a phone to set it up!
    Yesterday 02:08 PM