With virtual reality becoming so huge, how many VR headset and VR gaming accessories are there?
    06-24-2016 09:55 AM
    Well there are 3 main TYPES, the ultra cheap Google Cardboard type and besides the Cardboard itself there are a few fancier compatible models in that price range such as the Mattel View-Master for example. Those run from free to about 30 dollars. In the 100 to 200 dollar range is the GearVR and a few similar clone models. And at the high end true VR requiring a PC (the first 2 types require smart phones) is the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Razer OSVR, those range in the 500-1000 dollar cost. Plus they require a pretty beefy PC, your cheap dell MIGHT need upgrading before it can handle VR, and forget about your expensive new Mac.

Main accessories are a strap for the Google Cardboard type, and hand controllers for the expensive PC based VR systems, HTC Vive includes them with the package.
    Well there are 3 main TYPES, the ultra cheap Google Cardboard type and besides the Cardboard itself there are a few fancier compatible models in that price range such as the Mattel View-Master for example. Those run from free to about 30 dollars. In the 100 to 200 dollar range is the GearVR and a few similar clone models. And at the high end true VR requiring a PC (the first 2 types require smart phones) is the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Razer OSVR, those range in the 500-1000 dollar cost. Plus they require a pretty beefy PC, your cheap dell MIGHT need upgrading before it can handle VR, and forget about your expensive new Mac.

Main accessories are a strap for the Google Cardboard type, and hand controllers for the expensive PC based VR systems, HTC Vive includes them with the package.
    06-27-2016 07:53 AM
    Also, the Playstation vr will be available in October for around $400 or $500 depending if you need a bundle that includes the camera and motion controllers.
    07-17-2016 08:38 AM
    I just saw the new HDK2 (Razer Open Source VR) was released, but I don't know the price, but I hope beside the specs they focus a little bit more at first in the price, having access to the devices will launch for sure this world.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-2016 05:52 PM
    I just saw the new HDK2 (Razer Open Source VR) was released, but I don't know the price, but I hope beside the specs they focus a little bit more at first in the price, having access to the devices will launch for sure this world.
    My developer friend really likes this one!
    07-21-2016 10:12 AM
    That's actually one I'm not familiar with, I'll be sure to look that one up.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    10-21-2016 06:28 PM
    That's actually one I'm not familiar with, I'll be sure to look that one up.
    You will find some updated info in the links bellow:

OSVR's second development kit is now up for pre-order from Razer | VRHeads

OSVR - Open-Source Virtual Reality for Gaming

Welcome to the forum btw.
    10-21-2016 08:56 PM