I know that both Google Cardboard and Mattel View-Master are cheap. Which one do you recommend?

What are the pros and cons of each one?
    06-05-2016 02:49 AM
    Both have their pros and cons. The View-Master is sturdier and will probably last longer in the long run. The Cardboard is cheaper generally and can sometimes be free. Also lately some sellers of the cardboard have been including a strap a sorely missing feature from the View-Master, although many Cardboards also do not have a strap. If I were again a buyer (I already own the View-Master which I got on sale for 10 dollars), I would get a Cardboard with a strap!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2016 08:02 AM
    Both have their pros and cons. The View-Master is sturdier and will probably last longer in the long run. The Cardboard is cheaper generally and can sometimes be free. Also lately some sellers of the cardboard have been including a strap a sorely missing feature from the View-Master, although many Cardboards also do not have a strap. If I were again a buyer (I already own the View-Master which I got on sale for 10 dollars), I would get a Cardboard with a strap!
    Is the Viewmaster designed in a way that it could easily be modified by a user to add a home made strap?
    06-08-2016 02:51 PM
    Is the Viewmaster designed in a way that it could easily be modified by a user to add a home made strap?
    Not easily but it probably could be done.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2016 09:16 PM
    I know you haven't mentioned them, but the cheap headsets on eBay are pretty great. I have a couple of them and are fairly similar in design but the vr box 2.0 allows for AR and for me feels slightly better on my nose. They cost about $15 on average and can be had for as little as $5 if you look around online.
    10-14-2016 04:45 AM
    I would suggest a cheap cardboard with a strap as well. Be sure to read reviews, some are just too cheap, and fall appart during assembly. If you don't have a good place to store the cardboard, that would be a consideration. It can get smashed broken easily without proper storage/teardown.
    11-02-2016 09:19 PM