OK, I haven't played the game, but was pretty interesting this kind of things that actually can be both a game and a training tool for medicine.

By Ma Yong Kang

Bossa Studios have finally completed Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality and it's available for purchase on Steam and the PlayStation Store right now for $19.99.

With this latest entry of Surgeon Simulator, you can "operate" on your patient in the VR world. The game only supports the HTC Vive and its controllers at the moment, so Oculus Rift owners will have to miss out for now.

Here's the PC requirement if you want to run this game:

All the original surgeries will return and you will get some new ones too. The steam game description hints about a brain surgery in the dark. You can also take some selfies while you're at it. What can possibly go wrong?

Source: Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
    Last edited by Chemy JMHT; 12-09-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    krisguy likes this.
    12-08-2016 09:18 PM
    I'll likely give it a shot; though I found the controls awful in the original one if they utilize VR controllers it probably will be an improvement.
    12-10-2016 10:24 PM
    I heard that the controls were much more like normal vr games where you can simply pick things up. The game, as far as I understand, is more about precision and finding difficulty through other ways other than the controls.
    Chemy JMHT and pjs37 like this.
    12-13-2016 02:50 AM
    I heard that the controls were much more like normal vr games where you can simply pick things up. The game, as far as I understand, is more about precision and finding difficulty through other ways other than the controls.
    That is good to hear because the keyboard controls drove me nuts! Part of that was supposed to be the challenge but I actually found it not very fun.
    12-14-2016 02:15 PM
    Yeah, I think this new version in VR will be more actually fun opposed to the fun factor just being in the ridiculousness of the controls.
    12-15-2016 12:16 AM
    Saw a video of this game a while back. Looks fun. Sure is taking "Operation" the board game to a whole new level

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-15-2016 06:11 AM
    I just imagine the blood flowing towards me in 3D.. and added to that is the motion sickness.. Let's see if I can survive 5 secs without vomiting
    But anyway, I remember that using the mouse was really terrible-it was extremely frustrating. I guess that with the Vive it'll work like a charm
    01-03-2017 04:37 PM
    lol, I didn't think about it, and surgery is not my thing, actually I never played before on 3D so.
    01-03-2017 07:15 PM
    It was one of those games I found more fun to watch others play then I had playing it myself.
    01-04-2017 10:59 AM
    It is indeed one of the most entertaining games out there, because it is not very, how should I put it, gentle..?
    01-04-2017 04:39 PM
    OK, some days ago I saw an interview to the creator of this, turns out the man was a surgeon, so he wanted to create a training tool for all public, but with real tools to really training like in real world, but without all the blood involved.

He said that the final idea is making it a database for all medical procedures, so anyone can practice it, even a real surgeon can practice a procedure before doing it on real life and the medicine students can be trained and evaluated in that environment.
    01-08-2017 09:01 PM