Once I get my home internet connection back (been over a week!), I plan on using OBS to stream some stuff off my Vive. I would assume that the setup would be similar to my other streaming setup for 3D printing (make windows active, etc.)

My big question is Twitch, YouTube, or Beam?
    09-08-2016 08:33 AM
    I generally use Twitch as my starting point and then upload to YouTube.

With that being said, it might be time to change my process. =) I have close to 500 subscribers on YouTube and nowhere near that many on Twitch.

Now that I think about it, it's easier to monetize content on YouTube, so if you are looking at doing this long-term, it's probably better to start on YouTube.
    09-08-2016 09:54 AM
    Okay, so another thing you might want to consider is how much feedback you want to get while you are streaming from the viewers. Since Twitch uses IRC for chat there are a few games that allow you to see your Twitch chat while you are in the game. Tilt Brush is one of these, it's possible to hook it up so that while you are drawing people can chat with you and you don't have to leave the interface to see the stream.
    09-08-2016 11:10 AM
    Like a week ago I read about a youtuber/gamer.twicher who was setting up a Facebook live/YouTube Live/Twitch simultaneously streaming, I don't know if he actually did it, but I think that may be an option, even when I guess it may requires a lot of bandwidth and hardware.
    09-09-2016 12:46 AM
    Like a week ago I read about a youtuber/gamer.twicher who was setting up a Facebook live/YouTube Live/Twitch simultaneously streaming
    My rule of thumb on the internet: "If someone else wants it, there's a service for it. If you can't find that service - build it."

Well, in this case there is a service, and it's called Restream.io! Why stream to one of them when you can stream to ALL of them?

Look at the services they support!
    Livestreaming VR experiences-supported.jpg
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:29 AM
    Oh my science! that's a lot! half of those services I don't even know they existed!
    09-09-2016 02:37 PM
    I never heard of Restream.io I'm signing up for it and it sounds like a great idea, I didn't know those other stream sites existed either, lol.
    09-09-2016 08:20 PM