Here's a game teaser that will intrigue fans of video games like "Minecraft" - a hyper-realistic virtual world for exploring and building things, rather than fighting battles. Created by Mike Ferchak and Doug North Cook, FORESTRY will set you in the middle of a virtual forest, give you two axes and physics-defying powers, and invite you to just mess around.

"Bash a tree to a thousand pieces and then assemble them into a monstrosity of your own invention!" the description declares. "Build a cabin, fashion a monument to an unknown god, wow your friends with a self portrait made entirely of wood shavings! The only limit to what you can do is how good this game might actually be."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualreal...irst_vr_title/
    12-26-2016 10:59 AM
    Interesting. Not sure it's my cup of tea, but definitely looks different. I could see RealityCheckVR on YouTube having fun with this one, lol.

It looks very freeform as far as what you can do goes; hopefully that doesn't hurt it. I find that sometimes having no structure at all, while seemingly freeing, actually takes away from enjoyment of a game; having at least a little structure and guidelines helps you figure it out much faster.
    12-27-2016 05:17 AM
    I'm not a total environmentalist, but I don't like the taking down trees (in real world), in this case I like having some challenges to create something and being able to blame the lack of tools, because I for sure will suck at it :P
    12-27-2016 08:06 PM
    Most important does it play the "I'm a lumberjack" song?
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-27-2016 09:44 PM
    Overall looks fun to mostly just destroy everything but Neat part is how he could put the stuff back together.
    12-28-2016 10:07 AM
    Overall looks fun to mostly just destroy everything but Neat part is how he could put the stuff back together.
    A lot doesn't recommend VR for children below 13 years old but I guess a lot of parents will babysit their children with this for hours :P
    12-29-2016 11:41 PM
    A lot doesn't recommend VR for children below 13 years old but I guess a lot of parents will babysit their children with this for hours :P
    I can imagine so, Figured because they get sicker faster. Knowing my kids would throw up or break something and keep playing lol.
    12-30-2016 07:24 PM
    Well there is more likely the children will get use to it easily, but they say something about the brain and eyes developing some problems, there are a lot of thread talking of that here.
    12-30-2016 08:38 PM
    Yeah i've heard something about myopia basically eyes are focusing in wrong way too much, since being tricked assume.
    12-31-2016 08:09 PM
    I think that needs more studies, in fact what the lenses are doing in all the VR devices is putting the focal point far enough, but for sure it's in a fixed point and that's not natural.

I think maybe it's something like when we are for too long in the sea and then, while you are finally on the ground you are still feeling the movement, but after a short period of time you will be feeling ok again.

Maybe I'm wrong and something bad could happen to their eyes and brains, but so far there is not a official statement about it, I won't believe a Medic but a researcher (I worked with a lot of Medics).
    01-03-2017 06:54 PM