After I watched the video I though there is a lot of what we see from Hololens-like devices and read exactly this:

Could VR/AR become just another way for people to be monitored and controlled? If so, how do we guard against it? Or maybe we should all just calm down and enjoy the movie?

I think like in the movie Ex Machina, where the genius/mad scientist who created the AI (spoiler alert) used the monitoring to choose the girl's factions and the perfect guy to do the job, may the way we interact online can give them (you know, government, hackers, etc) enough info about us to be controlled?

Well I leave those questions and the trailer.
    12-16-2016 11:09 PM
    Reminds me of the movie Anti-trust a lot actually. Seeminglywonderful tech company with the dark secret of wanting to spy on everyone :-p Let hope it doesn't scare people into fearing all this new technology.

Just enjoy the movie.AR/VR has no more or less monitoring at the moment then are smartphones and I am not sure people care that much anymore about their privacy so long as they derive a benefit of giving it up.
    12-17-2016 09:15 AM
    Well even the recent Jason Bourne movie was about something like that in the end, and a lot of movies about the link between tech, information and people are mostly the same, someone wants the information to control the population and be powerful.

And I don't think the masses really cares about a single thing, right now Artificial Intelligence is raising with practically no public market despite of all the movie using the 3 laws of robotics by Isaac Asimov against us.
    12-17-2016 11:01 PM
    Our phones are already huge data sources if someone wanted to use them to monitor us. I don't think AR/VR would really enhance anything.
    12-18-2016 03:05 PM
    Our phones are already huge data sources if someone wanted to use them to monitor us. I don't think AR/VR would really enhance anything.
    Yes, and nobody cares, also the social media, everybody is happy sharing the most of their lives on it.

BTW welcome to the forum remember to comment here:
    http://forums.vrheads.com/contests-g...ouch-9341-new/

To participate for an Oculus Rift + Touch Controller just by posting, commeting and asking.
    12-19-2016 10:54 PM
    AR seems to be even a greater danger, since the user usually wears it almost at all times, while the average smartphone user puts the phone down from time to time. But with AR, it is a part of you. It is your eyes.
    Think about that.
    It can document your entire life
    01-03-2017 04:33 PM
    Yes that's right, it can also head in two ways, it can be against your privacy and even it could make some part of society to behave good because everything he/she does can be used against him/her.

But also, you can simply take it off while you are doing something wrong.

I think it's so commercially profitable right now, that it will going to happens besides of the good or bad it can be.
    01-03-2017 07:13 PM
    AR seems to be even a greater danger, since the user usually wears it almost at all times, while the average smartphone user puts the phone down from time to time. But with AR, it is a part of you. It is your eyes.
    Think about that.
    It can document your entire life
    That was a movie too...Final Cut wasn't it? With Robin Williams in it. It was actually pretty good but yeah you had your whole life recorded so they can make a "In Memoriam " video of you at your funeral.
    01-04-2017 11:02 AM
    Just today tagged me in a "Moment" from Facebook where it shows the pictures and videos you shared with another tagged person and makes a little video, I wonder how it will be in the next years with all the AI in development right now and all the 360 cameras and VR/AR around.
    01-08-2017 08:56 PM