Hey Guys,

I'm one of the two developers for Arrowborn, a player vs player archery game.
    We have tried to make Arrowborn a different type of experience from other bow and arrow based games. We are old school gamers (Quake, Unreal, Hexen, Doom) and wanted to bring some of that fast paced action to VR.

|
    |
    |
    |

In Arrowborn you have a dozen different arrows to choose from to place in your loadout. You can choose anything from fire, ice, mines, explosives, mana drain, vines, the deadly skewer and more. You can carry any 5 types of arrows in your quiver (including the standard arrow). You also have the choice of 5 magic gem stones that will increase your health but reduce your mana regen or vice versa.

|
    |
    |
    |

The quiver system forces the player to select the arrow type they want to shoot from the quiver. We think this, in combination with shield use, arial based movement, instinctive shooting and mana management make the the skillset for Arrowborn different than other archery games.

|
    |
    |
    |

Right now we have 3 modes:

Free For All
    Up to 4 players, we have added bots that will spawn in the server with you and drop out as players join. We have several maps included and more on the way. FFA is kill or be killed in a match of archery skills, loadout strategies and aerial movement. Not only are the other players trying to kill you, each match has an assortment of NPCs that are out to get you and get more difficult as the match progresses. You will get shot at by skeleton archers, spit on by giant flying bugs, magic spells cast at you and giant orc spears thrown at you. You'll have to learn to manage your mana to choose your arrow type and still have enough left for shields and jumping.

|
    |

Top-Shot
    This is a straight up archery contest. You alone or with up to 3 others, shoot 15 arrows in each of 3 rounds. Each round puts you farther from the targets. Your high score is added to a leaderboard to see who can claim the number one slot. This has become quite the competition since the beta was released.

|
    |

Wave Defense
    We added a wave defense mode (1 - 4 players) that serves as a training level. Our main focus is on multiplayer but you can still shoot a few orcs now and then.

|
    |

Early Release is planned for this summer. If you would like to help us out with Beta testing, join our Discord server and tell us (Anim8 and Daggada) you came from this post and would like a Beta key and we will hook you up.

https://discordapp.com/invite/cWbcetG

|
    |
    |
    |

FAQ:
    Do you plan on making any team based game modes?
    Yes. We are looking at Team Death Match as well as some other objective based games, maybe CTF?

Will you support more than 4 players?
    We are testing that now.

Does the game use teleporting or free-roam?
    No teleporting. The movement is vertical more than horizontal. You can jump/fly/bound from place to place within a fixed radius of your position. This makes for aerial shots (more points) and a different gameplay than the archery games you are used to.

Can I stream Arrowborn?
    Yes, if you indicate in the title that this is the beta version. Please make sure you understand the game essentials (jumping, quiver use, loadouts, shield). Reading the FAQ on the Arrowborn Discord is recommended :] We are focused on multiplayer over Wave Defense, its appreciated if you showcase Free For All and Top Shot modes.

Official Website: Arrowborn – VR Archery

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/arrowbornvr/

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/arrowborngame

04-26-2018 10:28 AM
    That game looks AWESOME! Really does have the Hexen feel to it!
    Arrowborn likes this.
    04-27-2018 08:48 AM
    We will be wrapping up the Beta in the next few weeks. If you are interested in trying Arrowborn, jump on our Discord server and get a key, join our scheduled games, or drop us a few suggestions on gamepplay.

If you arent a Discord user, you can also request a Beta key on our site: Beta Key Request – Arrowborn
    04-30-2018 11:57 AM
    We will be wrapping up the Beta in the next few weeks. If you are interested in trying Arrowborn, jump on our Discord server and get a key, join our scheduled games, or drop us a few suggestions on gamepplay.

If you arent a Discord user, you can also request a Beta key on our site: Beta Key Request – Arrowborn
    I would love to, but it's unlikely that you support my platform. I only have Google Daydream and Oculus Go (similar to GearVR, which I also have BUT I don't have a Samsung phone at the moment).
    05-04-2018 12:02 PM
    Looks fun, sadly I don't have the Touch Controllers and I think not yet available for PS4 VR so hopefully you will port it to PS4 so having more public for the game!
    05-13-2018 10:15 PM