I'm really curious to see the outcome of this. I feel like Oculus hit at the perfect time to make a splash, but if it was based on stolen technology it could really take the wind out of VR in general.

Do you think Palmer stole the tech? Does it matter? Maybe the time for VR had just come and similar technologies were all emerging at the same time anyway.

Here's an article about the lawsuit: Mark Zuckerberg, Palmer Luckey to testify in $2 billion Zenimax lawsuit against Oculus VR - Business Insider
    01-16-2017 03:40 PM
    Interesting. Time will tell if there's any substance to this or if it's like Facebook said and just sour grapes over passing on Oculus. I don't think it will derail VR as a whole, but it might, depending on the outcome of the trial, derail Oculus ... Which, as a Gear VR owner, is a shame. ;-)
    01-16-2017 04:12 PM
    Yeah, keeping a close eye on this. Bethesda is in my backyard, and the few people I know who work there are all about Zeni winning this.
    01-17-2017 10:39 AM
    Thanks for posting this. I had no idea this was going on.
    01-17-2017 11:04 AM
    I don't know why, but I think it doesn't should involve Facebook, if a group of employees broke their contract with Zenimax those are the ones that should be on trials.

Sounds a little clickbait trial actually :P
    01-18-2017 07:59 AM
    I don't know why, but I think it doesn't should involve Facebook, if a group of employees broke their contract with Zenimax those are the ones that should be on trials.

Sounds a little clickbait trial actually :P
    Yes and no. Unfortunately if you buy a company you are also purchasing their obligations and mistakes along with their assets. It is quite possible that Facebook bought Oculus with the knowledge that their technology had been stolen from another company. This would affect the outcome of any ruling or settlement.

My guess is that they are just trying to determine the extent of Facebook's knowledge / compliance in this.
    01-18-2017 12:11 PM
    Will be keeping an eye on this in deed.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    01-18-2017 04:05 PM
    I think it's almost the same news, but adding some quotes from interviews and actually not talking very much about the lawsuit, but here to share:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/t...-facebook.html
    01-20-2017 10:02 PM
    Whoa. So Zenimax was just granted a settlement of $500 MILLION!

Even Facebook feels the pain when they get dinged for a cool half-billion.
    02-01-2017 05:25 PM
    Here's an article that goes into a bit more detail: http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/1/1447...awsuit-verdict
    02-01-2017 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD