I'm not a huge fan of the PSVR's controllers, they look and feel too similar to the older style WII controllers. Is there any plans on releasing a different controller that is somewhat similar to the HTC VIVE or the Oculus Rift?
    02-20-2017 11:29 PM
  2. Russell Holly said: Best Answer

Sony is pretty set on these Move controllers, and considering how much they're able to get away with selling them for right now I can't say I blame them. Considering we've seen the move tech in the new blaster controller as well, I'm sure these controllers are sticking around for a while.

It would be REALLY nice if they'd consider an upgrade with a slightly bigger battery and a charging port that wasn't miniUSB though.
    I'm going to guess probably not, but it might be nice. Maybe someone could come up with a third party solution that looks closer, even if it still uses the Move Camera?
    02-21-2017 05:26 AM
    Sony is pretty set on these Move controllers, and considering how much they're able to get away with selling them for right now I can't say I blame them. Considering we've seen the move tech in the new blaster controller as well, I'm sure these controllers are sticking around for a while.

It would be REALLY nice if they'd consider an upgrade with a slightly bigger battery and a charging port that wasn't miniUSB though.
    02-21-2017 08:21 AM
    Sony spent a lot on the R&D of Move during the PS3 cycle. I don't see them moving away from them soon.

Thanks for signing up, VR Guy! Welcome to the best VR community out there!
    02-21-2017 08:30 AM
    I don't think we'll see a huge change in the controllers. However they've had the same design for a looong time at this point. It would be nice to see updated controllers that feel better in your hands, or a VR specific model that fits better into your hand.
    krisguy likes this.
    02-21-2017 12:58 PM
    I hope they update the controllers. Maybe for the PSVR 2 but I'm not holding my breath. I think they made a huge mistake by not retooling the Move controller with the joystick and releasing it with the VR.
    krisguy likes this.
    04-17-2017 04:43 PM
    Sony is looking at HTC, LG, and Oculus closely, I'm sure. It would not surprise me to see something like a cross between Move and Oculus touch controls at some point.
    04-17-2017 08:27 PM