Microsoft Had Announced Its VR is comming To market..!! And Much More info will be revelead by december. It had its great hand in AR with HoloLens . What About VR ?

Nowadays, VR is still not accessible to many people, being in its very early stages. But Microsoft's plan to update its Windows OS ecosystem with VR support will provide a huge advantage. The next generation of affordable headsets could give VR a major boost.
    Another major advantage for the new headsets will be their tracking capabilities. Microsoft will allow VR headset makers to implement similar built-in tracking technology found in the HoloLens. This is completely independent from a PC's processing power and can "scan" user surroundings to allow free movement in VR.
    In order to achieve a similar feature, the Oculus Rift and Vive require installing a camera or laser emitters in user's room. The Windows headsets will be several hundred dollars cheaper and will allow the feature without any external accessories. It is expected that Microsoft will have its "inside out" tracking ready by next spring.
    Microsoft will immediately take lead over much of its VR competition with just one update to Windows. Its platform is going to provide the most affordable and the easiest way to experience high-end VR. This will certainly position Microsoft in a position to dominate the niche.

So Tell about your Ideas On Microsoft's Future In VR Market..!!
    10-31-2016 09:26 AM
    Well basically if anything has more capabilities yet cheaper, it will be a huge hit.

That fact that it has built in tracking tech, without cumbersome camera, and laser emittersI think it's groundbreaking. If Microsoft can make premium VR experience more affordable, it will win the competition.

I guess HTC, Oculus are back on the lab trying new stuff just by hearing this news. No one wants cumbersome gadgets, if more compact and affordable ones are available.
    10-31-2016 09:53 AM
    How affordable will they be? Google Daydream VR is a mere $79... If it's anything in this range and not skim too much on functionality and features, it should do well...
    10-31-2016 11:37 AM
    there latest hardware seems to be pretty good stuff. Not that i could afford it, but i am sure the vr wont be cheap
    10-31-2016 12:50 PM
    According to what I've heard, their VR headsets are supposed to start around $299. I don't know if they're more a reference model for OEMs to then make cheaper or an actual continually offered Microsoft product, but that's the price range I've heard.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-31-2016 03:25 PM
    Microsoft was "too little, too late" to mobile, let's hope they learned from their mistakes when it comes to VR!

I have no love for the company, but right now, it's more important that we get the critical mass of adoption that content producers embrace the tech. This means that any new entrants on the market can help everybody.

The problem is, that if current and future players are more worried about building their own airtight walled gardens than they are about growing the market, it will all crash down for another 10 years or so (not 20, because the tech is there)
    jsarino likes this.
    11-01-2016 04:55 AM
    They're not competing with Samsung and Google, who are effectively releasing budget vr. They have a proper console with many potential buyers. Sony and Microsoft may even come to lead the market. And Microsoft may make it compatible with PCs too, another market they have a grip on.
    11-01-2016 05:33 AM
    I trust Microsoft to put out a good product, and seeing how saturated the market already is, I'm sure it will be priced right too.
    11-01-2016 06:06 AM
    How affordable will they be? Google Daydream VR is a mere $79... If it's anything in this range and not skim too much on functionality and features, it should do well...
    Microsoft Is now releasing the developer edition of the VR It will be around 300$.. The consumer version of this VR will be not that expensive...!!!
    11-01-2016 08:18 AM
    I watched a summary of the presentation and was very impressed. Microsoft is still in the game.
    11-01-2016 11:34 AM
    New options, technologies, availability etc are always welcome of course and I believe that Microsoft is quite good when it comes to hardware. I just hope that the surrounding software and APIs will be cross platform instead of simply MS-only. As a developer, I really am not going to invest time and energy on non-cross platform solutions (unless I get paid really really well for it ).
    11-01-2016 11:37 AM
    Well basically if anything has more capabilities yet cheaper, it will be a huge hit.
    In my opinion, since VR is a fairly new market, this is the perfect opportunity for any company to show of their products.
    People are still looking around and have fully decided to stay with a brand. So Microsoft does have the ability, but only time will tell.
    11-01-2016 12:36 PM
    The price point is making headlines, and there's a lot to appreciate about Microsoft's ability to pull in more hardware manufacturers, but I have some concerns.

- Inside-out tracking: We don't know anything about how well this works. The compare to HoloLens is cool, but there's a a lot of directional hardware in HoloLens outside of the inside-out tracking. The demo we have seen so far doesn't include and forward or backward motion, and that's not great.
    - Software: Microsoft needs to play nice with SteamVR. The stuff we've seen from them is great, but if it doesn't play nice with the hundreds of games and apps already available it's going to be bad times.
    - Quality: Microsoft claimed a more immersive experience, but with no room scale and no Oculus Touch or Vive controllers it's not clear how this will actually be more immersive.

I look forward to playing with these myself with the Creator's Update!
    krisguy, jsarino and Rohith Rohi1 like this.
    11-02-2016 09:06 AM
    Stakes are pretty high!
    11-02-2016 09:40 AM
    New options, technologies, availability etc are always welcome of course and I believe that Microsoft is quite good when it comes to hardware. I just hope that the surrounding software and APIs will be cross platform instead of simply MS-only. As a developer, I really am not going to invest time and energy on non-cross platform solutions (unless I get paid really really well for it ).
    Yes In MIcrosoft Virtual Academy Where I was trained to be a developer ..I noticed that Windows 10 is mostly depends on Cross platform and Universal apps.. The trainers trained about Creating AR and Vr apps.. using c# .. And then have to transform them using Xamarin..!!! This will be awsome ... And we can work in 3 streams without wasting time..!!!!
    11-02-2016 09:19 PM
    The price point is making headlines, and there's a lot to appreciate about Microsoft's ability to pull in more hardware manufacturers, but I have some concerns.

- Inside-out tracking: We don't know anything about how well this works. The compare to HoloLens is cool, but there's a a lot of directional hardware in HoloLens outside of the inside-out tracking. The demo we have seen so far doesn't include and forward or backward motion, and that's not great.
    - Software: Microsoft needs to play nice with SteamVR. The stuff we've seen from them is great, but if it doesn't play nice with the hundreds of games and apps already available it's going to be bad times.
    - Quality: Microsoft claimed a more immersive experience, but with no room scale and no Oculus Touch or Vive controllers it's not clear how this will actually be more immersive.

I look forward to playing with these myself with the Creator's Update!
    I Appreciate This ... But As per information I know.. There could be the oculous touch , on which microsoft is presently dealing with..!!!!
    11-03-2016 07:17 AM
    I think Microsoft can something very needed for me, create an standard and a way to regulate the VR world, if they say it has to be on one way it for sure will encourage all the manufacturers and developers to do it at least that way compatible.

They have a good amount of computer running Windows in the whole world, so they maybe will rule that side of the board.
    11-08-2016 12:34 AM