I was browsing and this short info looked interesting, because not all the people respond to the same senses in the same way, I was thinking, maybe for those with a HTC Vive with poor audio solution (using speakers instead of a good pair of headphones or something else), the VR experience may not be as good as someone with the same equipment but a sound virtualization software and good pair of headphones.

I don't know how Sony worked it in the PS4 VR, also I heard that the people from Oculus invested in that to avoid problems of that type.

Well, what do you think? here I left the short info I read.

Google thinks spatial audio is “a key element for an immersive virtual reality experience”. It can exactly places the sound in 3D space and allows you to actually hear things from where they come in virtual reality. With CAPE Rebellion Hi-Fi Spatial Audio headphones, you can enjoy fantastic VR gaming, movie watching and music listening in a better way.

As you saw this is more ads for the Cape Headphone, but since years ago I see how a lot of companies as Razer where working in the Razer Surround in order to give the gamers the hability to "feel" where the action is being developing in the action games, and it worked pretty well.

Most of the companies which produce pro headset use now 3D virtualization to give some advantage to the gamers.

So it may be one of the steps to consider when you start your VR Heads

Surces:
    - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/c...-bluetooth-3d/
    - http://affiliates.digitalriver.com/z....razerzone.com
    - http://www.amazon.com/?tag=mbnx1-20&...UvrUvbUpU51141 (Yes I actually search for some brands there )
    09-05-2016 03:17 PM
    It totally makes sense, what makes the VR experience immersive immersive than say 3D is the fact that it involves all the senses well at least that's the way it should be, of course today's VR only includes sight, hearing and tactile senses if you have that sort of adapter, vibration as well, but I think if your talking about a true Holodeck experience ala Star Trek, your going to have to involve the sense of smell as well, how that can be done I have no idea, but if you want to insure a true VR experience I don't think sight and sound are going to be enough, that's just an opinion though
    09-05-2016 11:11 PM
    Is this really necessary though? I thought audio issues like this were taken care of but Vive's software?
    09-08-2016 09:31 PM
    Well what I was talking about with the HTC is that the VIVE Headset doesn't come with headphones, so may be the case of someone using a cheap pair of headphones or cheap pair of speaker or even a single speaker, so the "spacial audio" is not achieved in those conditions and for some it will be ok, but for other who react better to the sound than other stimulus should be a good option using a good pair of headphones rather than any headphones.
    09-11-2016 01:37 AM