Here is an article that describes the various entry ways into VR I.E. Vive, Rift, Gear VR, one thing is for certain if your like many people and don' t have a powerful enough PC or you can't upgrade it or can't justify the cost of PS VR you may have to settle for your phone and Google Cardboard but than again if the poor man's way isn't for you there is the Gear VR if you own a Samsung Galaxy S6 or 7 Series so for what it's worth this article on Windows Central may help you decide what ever works for your budget

Source: Windows Central
    What's the cheapest way into virtual reality: PlayStation VR, Oculus, Vive, or Gear VR? | Windows Central
    09-10-2016 01:32 AM
    If you're a fan of Android and Samsung, the Gear VR is a no-brainer!
    09-10-2016 08:55 PM
    Well I refused to have a Windows phone, I don't even like using Windows on my PC , lol, Android makes much more sense when it comes to phones, now as far as Samsung goes, just steer clear of the Galaxy Note 7, they are reported to be exploding due to over heating lithium batteries, I made a post about it.
    http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...-note-7-a-8486
    09-12-2016 04:01 AM
    Yeah, the Note 7 isn't a great choice today. HOWEVER, they'll be releasing a new batch soon with new batteries. The new batch will be fantastic for those interested.
    09-12-2016 08:51 AM
    I was just reading about the Note7 problem but particularly this article:

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explodes while 6-year-old boy was using it, burns him and sets off the fire alarm

Read more: Galaxy Note 7 explodes, burns 6-year-old boy
    09-12-2016 10:10 AM
    Of course Google Cardboard is the cheapest way! Sometimes it's even free! It works on Android AND iPhone (might have SOME Windows phone compatibility). And decent plastic "cardboards" are still only 20-30 bucks.
    09-12-2016 10:55 AM
    I just can't bring myself to recommend Cardboard as a serious VR device, but it's a great introductory idea for sure.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable likes this.
    09-12-2016 04:07 PM
    Well I refused to have a Windows phone, I don't even like using Windows on my PC , lol, Android makes much more sense when it comes to phones, now as far as Samsung goes, just steer clear of the Galaxy Note 7, they are reported to be exploding due to over heating lithium batteries, I made a post about it.
    http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...-note-7-a-8486
    Does Windows Phone have VR?
    09-12-2016 07:25 PM
    yes it has, even in the windows.store you may find some stuff, but I don't think it will be developed or something, and I know a lot of people with Windows Phones.
    09-12-2016 10:03 PM
    I have to say I find the Windows store quite limited to Google Play Store or even Apple App Store.
    09-12-2016 10:52 PM
    I just can't bring myself to recommend Cardboard as a serious VR device, but it's a great introductory idea for sure.
    I sure understand what you are saying, when I first heard of Google Cardboard I thought it was a joke, I really didn't think it could actually be real, when I found it was I was kind of shocked, I like perhaps yourself and others just can't seem to get used to the idea of having cardboard on our faces, for that long a time lol
    09-12-2016 10:54 PM
    It's not that, it's that it's a poor experience. Having to hold it to your face ruins any chance of immersion.

Beyond that, it only relies on sensors in the phone, which have a slow response time. The Gear VR (and higher end VR) utililizes additional sensors built into the headset, which makes response times much faster and more accurate.

Additionally, Cardboard has one button. It doesn't leave many options for controls.

Finally, I hate having to take it out constantly to change apps.

Cardboard was my first experience, but after owning the Gear VR (and trying the Vive), I'll never use the Cardboard again, to be honest.
    09-13-2016 04:49 AM
    I have to say I find the Windows store quite limited to Google Play Store or even Apple App Store.
    The Windows store is getting better. Slowly. That's a strange situation; their user base has never been smaller but they have more app developer and third party phone manufacturer support than ever before.
    09-15-2016 12:24 PM
    The Windows store is getting better. Slowly. That's a strange situation; their user base has never been smaller but they have more app developer and third party phone manufacturer support than ever before.
    Well for now I'll stick with other 2 aforementioned beside the fact I don't own a windows phone and I have a hybrid laptop that does run Windows 8 and that's how I found out about the Windows store and how limited it was compared to the other two, I must say given Windows tablets like Surface , not Windows Smart Phones, popularity I expected to see more choices. I'll just have to see how much more it grows but for now my choice is pretty obvious.
    09-15-2016 11:46 PM
    Well for now I'll stick with other 2 aforementioned beside the fact I don't own a windows phone and I have a hybrid laptop that does run Windows 8 and that's how I found out about the Windows store and how limited it was compared to the other two, I must say given Windows tablets like Surface , not Windows Smart Phones, popularity I expected to see more choices. I'll just have to see how much more it grows but for now my choice is pretty obvious.
    VR would not lend itself to a tablet/laptop, it's a better for a phone as you can then stick the phone in to special equipment Google Cardboard or otherwise in order to view the VR. You need those lens and mirrors to trick your eyes and make the VR viewable. On a Computer you need to attach a headset and a laptop especially tablet, or convertible class would just not have the horsepower to run say a Oculus Rift or HTC Vive headset. (alienware gaming laptops not withstanding! lol)
    09-16-2016 08:37 AM
    Yes I suppose your right, but again let's see what happens with the VR back packs like the one MSI will release soon, all things considered I would have to say given the scary risk of a smart phone overheating while in a Google Cardboard or VR Gear or Homido or 2VR or whatever goes right in front of your eyes I would prefer the PS VR or one of the PC VRs, also has anyone considered what effect the smart phone radiation may have even if you turn off the wireless radio on it? I'm just asking.
    09-16-2016 05:34 PM
    Thanks for the link, OP!
    Sim_8_3 likes this.
    09-17-2016 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the link, OP!
    You are welcome, but I'm sure GearBest is not the only store which sells those kinds of VR headsets and HMDs, maybe you will find more in another online stores
    09-17-2016 07:08 PM
    You are welcome, but I'm sure GearBest is not the only store which sells those kinds of VR headsets and HMDs, maybe you will find more in another online stores
    As you can see both Amazon and Ebay are full of them, now whether they are as good quality as the Gear VR remains to be seen
    09-21-2016 02:44 AM
    As you can see both Amazon and Ebay are full of them, now whether they are as good quality as the Gear VR remains to be seen
    That's right, some are weirdly expensive, so maybe just buying the cheapest ones to test how they work or something is an option.
    09-21-2016 09:58 AM
    That's right, some are weirdly expensive, so maybe just buying the cheapest ones to test how they work or something is an option.
    Well as a part time product tester I can get those cheap ones for less, but still can get them for less without doing an Amazon review on Ebay, they are for the most stupid cheap, so I guess to test would be OK, but from what I see of the Gear VR nothing will come close especially since as it's been said they have special features that most VR headsets lack.
    09-22-2016 01:48 AM
    So VR don't work with iPhones?
    09-23-2016 09:11 AM
    So VR don't work with iPhones?
    Yes, there are some iPhone options for VR, here an example:

www.vr-iphone.com
    http://www.wareable.com/vr/best-ipho...-reality-setup
    Last edited by Chemy JMHT; 09-24-2016 at 10:33 PM.
    Sim_8_3 likes this.
    09-24-2016 07:35 AM
    Thanks for that info, very helpful.
    09-24-2016 09:58 PM