What exactly is VR and how does it work? What is an example of one of the best VR games on the market today and why?
    08-15-2017 02:59 PM
    Hi @Jagranda welcome to the forum.

Well it's hard to define, but for me Virtual Reality is an immersible way to participate within a virtual environment by using a Head Mounted Display (HDM). It is divided in several branches or experiences, like:

- Video and pictures: where you are in the center of a spherical picture or video being able to see what is around you and perceive the deep of field due the fact you see a different perspective from each eye (stereoscopic vision). My best: Dear Angelica.

- Games: it's the real 3D not a flat 2D with some perspective, you can play any kind of games on VR, the best, depending of you, mostly the same that you may like on a regular console or PC will be simply way better on a VR environment. My bests: Any car racing, depending if you have the controllers and on the platform Robo Recall, but it depends of you mostly.

- Applications: Same as gaming, any app can be ported someway to VR (like it's reported to be on Windows VR, which should be just about the corner) and allow you to work on a real 3D. Not a particular one to recommend in this category.

- Training apps: here it become a little bit complicate to explain, but, a Flight Simulator (not the game the big and real ones) are VR systems, but with the news technology and the HMD, you can practice almost everything, from medicine to another language.

And so on.

Basically VR is a way to replicate what you can do in the real world without the possible consequences, also what can be done in the fantasy world too... so it's a way to replicate a world and interact with it.
    Last edited by Chemy JMHT; 11-25-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    08-15-2017 10:06 PM
    Elite Dangerous, is an amazing VR experience. The immersion is incredible.
    08-17-2017 06:10 AM
    I think ver need to be in any phone
    08-17-2017 08:27 AM
    Elite Dangerous, is an amazing VR experience. The immersion is incredible.
    Is it OK to play without a Joystick? I have a controller and keyboard only...
    How is the learning curve? I bough "Elite Dangerous: Arena" but havent really tried it yet.

Thanks in advance for your opinions
    08-17-2017 06:14 PM
    "Is it OK to play without a Joystick? I have a controller and keyboard only...
    How is the learning curve? I bough "Elite Dangerous: Arena" but havent really tried it yet."

The game has full support for Xbox controllers, I cannot personally comment on how the gameplay is with a controller.

Arena,will be an excellent way to try out the game.
    08-17-2017 09:31 PM
    Not technically a game, but a location based experience, Carne Y Arena (directed by the same guy who did Birdman and The Revenant) is probably the most immersive VR experience out there. It has an extremely limited run only in LACMA and soon at the PRADA. If you can get tickets, I highly recommend. I wrote a review about it here if you're interested.
    08-17-2017 11:00 PM
    Not technically a game, but a location based experience, Carne Y Arena (directed by the same guy who did Birdman and The Revenant) is probably the most immersive VR experience out there. It has an extremely limited run only in LACMA and soon at the PRADA. If you can get tickets, I highly recommend. I wrote a review about it here if you're interested.
    Sounds awesome, I will check it out.
    08-19-2017 08:03 AM
    I want no man's sky to have vr support
    08-19-2017 08:37 AM
    Vr is custom made for Space Sims. I really hope that Cloud Imperium honours their pledge, that Star Citizen will have Vr Support.
    08-20-2017 06:08 AM
    Why? Is it really worth it?

Cheers
    08-23-2017 02:12 AM
    Yes the game is Awesome give it a try. Then you will see if it had vr, it would be amazing.
    08-23-2017 02:19 AM
    Yes the game is Awesome give it a try. Then you will see if it had vr, it would be amazing.
    I'll check it out, thanks.
    08-23-2017 02:57 AM
    According to TechTarget, Virtual reality is an artificial environment that is created with software and presented to the user in such a way that the user suspends belief and accepts it as a real environment. On a computer, virtual reality is primarily experienced through two of the five senses: sight and sound.
    Chemy JMHT and badelhas like this.
    09-08-2017 06:26 AM
    I liked that definition Yana brought here.
    badelhas likes this.
    11-25-2017 12:20 PM
    Superhot VR is an awesome game. Time slows down when you don't move. You shoot enemies, but it's more about getting the choreography right to make it through the levels.
    08-08-2018 07:26 AM