Hey everyone!

The year is winding down, and we're going to see a couple of really cool things as that happens.

• LOTS of new folks unboxing their first VR headsets
    • Way more sharing VR with people who have never used the tech before
    • Tremendous focus on what the "best" games for each platform are

It's going to be a really exciting couple of weeks, and I look forward to starting a lot of new conversations with wide-eyed new VR fans here in the forums. Before we get there, I wanted to talk about the stuff we really hope is happening next in VR.

Doesn't matter if you have thoughts on hardware, software, networking, legal, or just straight up culture thoughts. I want you to drop them here. Share some of the things you want to see happen in the VR ecosystem in 2018!
    12-19-2017 11:34 AM
    I'm going to start.

I am really looking forward to wireless VR. WiFi accessories for the Vive, Daydream Standalone, Oculus Go, Oculus Santa Cruz, maybe even a wireless Windows Mixed Reality headset that works with the Xbox One X. I want it all. Wires are the number one complaint for me, and usually the biggest gripe I hear from folks trying to enjoy the tech for the first time.

There are a lot of really great VR things from this year, but I'm really looking forward to the death of wires.
    12-19-2017 11:36 AM
    Like Russell said, wireless is going to be so great. While playing Fallout 4 VR, it's really all I wanted.

On that note, I'd really like to see more AAA games on the scale of Skyrim and Fallout 4 making their way over to VR. I played Skyrim VR for awhile after it came out, but now that Fallout 4 VR is here, it's pretty much taking up all my VR time.
    12-19-2017 12:02 PM
    I think a PSVR 2.0 is on my wish list for 2018.

With Sony doing so well in sales it makes sense for them to up their game to stay ahead of the Curve. And as i'm a huge Xbox fan, a WMR for theXbox would be epic. Although i'm sure it will only be for the One X.

I'm also looking forward to more AAA titles like Doom that are made specifically for VR, rather than old titles converted to it. Skyrim and Fallout are fun and all but I want to see new titles built from the ground up.
    12-19-2017 12:06 PM
    I wanna see developers continue to improve hand tracking. There is some great tech out there but I wanna see it come together and improve to a point where VR and AR can track ginger movement and hands better.
    12-20-2017 02:39 PM
    I'm pretty sure all of us in unison are going to be screaming for wireless. I don't think I'd mind getting my hands on those Knuckle controllers from valve either. Basically anything to make the experience that much more immersive.

On that note I'd like to see more RPG games like Skyrim & Fallout (big open world, too much to do), but I'd like them to be games I've *never* played before. Of course playing Fallout & Skyrim was fun in VR, but boring fast the sooner I remember it's my hundredth play through.

Also, maybe a VR RPG MMO? Like, Larping but in VR. Turning on a good fantasy game as a little elf character and then talking in character sound SO FUN. "What now, palladian?!"
    12-20-2017 02:41 PM
    Yes to Larping in VR! that's essentially what Ready Player One is in my eyes.
    Essa Kidwell and krisguy like this.
    12-20-2017 02:53 PM
    While wires are the bane of my existence, I want to see more games. AAA games, choose your own adventure games, puzzles and action adventures and RPGs. We got a taste of how epic VR could really be with Skyrim and Fallout, but I really want a full length game built from the ground up for VR.

Also I want Inpatient on my PSVR right now, but that's a personal problem.

Specifically, I want to see PSVR keep contuing to grow and evolve, delivering excellent experiences while they do.
    12-20-2017 03:27 PM
    I definitely agree with the wireless version of VR. I know my clumsy self ends up tripping over the cords countless times, so it's more for my personal safety as well as the safety of others.

The one thing I'm really looking forward to this year is Moss, the VR game where you play as a mouse. I mean who doesn't want to be the cutest thing on this planet?

I can't wait to see where Sony takes VR this year, I know there are a lot of exciting innovations coming to the PSVR. Also, maybe I'll get Daydream in the near future so I can see VR from another perspective!
    krisguy likes this.
    12-20-2017 08:39 PM
    Okay, now it's time for someone on the front lines to step up.... but you get me.

I'm working on a marketing job for Microsoft doing demonstrations of Windows Mixed Reality. What I see most of my customers talk about what they want is that they expect WMR/SteamVR/Rift experiences in mobile devices. Because of this, the biggest thing that I want in VR/AR is better education of PC-based vs. mobile VR and setting proper expectations with the public. Microsoft is putting people in 200 Best Buy stores through January specifically because they are realizing that education is the key.

Personally, I would like a better audio solution. I have 7.1-channel Logitech headphones plugged into that "hidden" USB port inside my Vive, and it causes problems with me while I'm playing different games. I would like a better wireless solution, either Bluetooth or a self-contained wireless option that works well.
    12-21-2017 09:57 AM
    While wires are the bane of my existence, I want to see more games. AAA games, choose your own adventure games, puzzles and action adventures and RPGs. We got a taste of how epic VR could really be with Skyrim and Fallout, but I really want a full length game built from the ground up for VR.
    THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

While doing demos, it's the content that sells VR. When I tell people that they can play Fallout 4 in Windows Mixed Reality, but I can't show them, I get down looks from the gamers that would be willing to drop cash.
    12-21-2017 09:59 AM
    First-time poster and I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year from Sydney Australia!

One thing I would personally love to see in 2018 is to see further development in HMDs, which hopefully will result in a drop in prices.

At the moment, it's still relatively expensive to buy HMDs, and once you have, you still then need to build or buy a PC with specs suited to running solid VR experiences. Very much suited to early adopters and not quite yet mainstream yet.

Hopefully with a drop in prices, more people will begin taking up VR and realize the amazing potential that immersive VR experiences have to offer. Super excited for 2018!
    12-31-2017 07:54 PM
    Wish the VR will be more interactive, not only watch as an onlooker also join the video to do more thing
    02-01-2018 03:53 AM