Folks,

I was just reading this blog, by Matt Brown...

Best headphones for HTC Vive | VRHeads

And I've also read this blog by Russell....

Fiil Diva headphones are almost perfect for on-the-go VR users | VRHeads

And it got me thinking what are the best headphones for VR? Now I'm not talking just HTC Vive like Matt did, and while the Fiil headset IS excellent maybe there are some other good ones out there? Maybe my own V-Moda Crossfade M-100's are up to the task? (or their wireless counterparts???) I'll know more about my set once I get my Daydream! Anyways I just wanted to start the discussion.

Rich
    11-14-2016 08:35 AM
    Hmm...

For either PC HMD I would go with the Turtle Beach Elite Pro. This because I am more familiar with Turtle Beach and have been enjoying their 500x for the Xbox One.

As for a mobile, like the Daydream, definitely a wireless option. Just make sure to have a battery pack in hand

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable likes this.
    11-14-2016 03:19 PM
    I would like to try some that have noise cancelling and good total dynamic range.
    11-14-2016 07:41 PM
    Noise cancelling is great, and I personally prefer over the ear headphones so they don't squish my ears.

11-14-2016 07:45 PM
    Friendly reminder, wired headphones are best.
    11-14-2016 07:54 PM
    I'll give a report on my crossfades once my daydream comes. If they ever send the damn coupon!
    11-14-2016 08:39 PM
    I'll give a report on my crossfades once my daydream comes. If they ever send the damn coupon!
    #eventually

11-14-2016 08:45 PM
    I think it depends, the articles talk about Sennheiser, one of my preferred brands, I had like 8 pairs so far and I will chose Sennheiser no matter which other brands are there, it's simply professional audio with studio quality entering the gaming arena.

I think the Rift comes with a great headphones, but it's hard to isolate the exterior sounds, also the adjustment sometimes is not perfect.

I recommend you to try some headphones and if it's possible eyes closed and with the Razer Surround to try the positional perception.

Maybe you are a Earbud guy and not an over-the-ear guy
    pkcable likes this.
    11-14-2016 09:06 PM
    So there are 2 headphones i would recommend. There are other but these are my favourites

1) JBL - Everest Elite 700 (Active Noise Cancelling Headphones)

2) Bose - QuiteComfort 35 (Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
    11-15-2016 12:31 AM

2) Bose - QuiteComfort 35 (Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
    These are usually pretty high on everyone's list.

11-15-2016 06:10 AM
    These are usually pretty high on everyone's list.

And very expensive and hardly ever discounted! I got my crossfades on sale for 125 dollars! You'll never see the QC 35s that cheap!
    11-15-2016 06:56 AM
    And very expensive and hardly ever discounted! I got my crossfades on sale for 125 dollars! You'll never see the QC 35s that cheap!
    The question was 'what are the best'

So thats why the ones i chose were expensive. The Bose are really awesome but Im currently saving up for the JBL - Everest Elite 700 i tried on a pair and i love them to bits.
    11-15-2016 12:39 PM
    The question was 'what are the best'

So thats why the ones i chose were expensive. The Bose are really awesome but Im currently saving up for the JBL - Everest Elite 700 i tried on a pair and i love them to bits.
    True. HOWEVER the JBLs retail cheaper AND you can often find them on sale. Right now many places are discounting the JBLs to 200, and it would NOT surprise if they came down to the 100-150 range for black Friday! That being said I would LOVE to have the QC 35s also.
    Matty likes this.
    11-15-2016 01:48 PM
    I'm using Audio Technica ATH-M50x. Great price, solid comfortable design, and collapsible!

pkcable likes this.
    11-15-2016 05:59 PM
    I use some Bang and Olufsen Beoplay
    pkcable likes this.
    11-15-2016 07:52 PM
    OK, Bose is a popular brand, but come'on people, what about the Shure? AKG? Ultimate Ears (I think Logitech bought this one as Jaybird)? that's a lot of quality, those have almost flat behave across the spectrum and soem even from 15Hz to 28KHz response, yes maybe some are way more than $1000, but talking of the best, well that's what Steve Wonder, Ariana Grande, Sting and others use should be good, but not for mortals like us.

In a more serious way, the Astro A50 are pretty good option for a wireless over-the-ear option, but not very cheap, I use it in a daily basis (not for VR) and never get tired.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-15-2016 10:34 PM
    OK, Bose is a popular brand, but come'on people, what about the Shure? AKG? Ultimate Ears (I think Logitech bought this one as Jaybird)? that's a lot of quality, those have almost flat behave across the spectrum and soem even from 15Hz to 28KHz response, yes maybe some are way more than $1000, but talking of the best, well that's what Steve Wonder, Ariana Grande, Sting and others use should be good, but not for mortals like us.

In a more serious way, the Astro A50 are pretty good option for a wireless over-the-ear option, but not very cheap, I use it in a daily basis (not for VR) and never get tired.
    Other lesser known but good brands too! Like the V-Moda Crossfades I mentioned and the Audio Technica's Russell mentioned. I know you are not in the US, but one of our cellular carriers (the worst one) has a great commercial going right now. The punch line is something to the effect that all the networks are good, and that Verizon (the main competition) is only 1% better than Sprint (the carrier that made the commercial), and would you really pay twice as much for a haircut that's 1% better? Sure the Bose QC 35s are great and probably better than other brands mentioned, BUT are they worth 100 dollars more? And they really do NEVER go on sale, as other brands do, lol
    Last edited by pkcable; 11-29-2016 at 10:52 AM.
    11-16-2016 08:10 AM
    Totally true!
    I have the A50 for home, but for my mobile option I have the 1ByOne (you don't know this brand, do you?) I got for $32.99 and works just fine.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-16-2016 09:03 AM
    Figured a link to this blog should go here! It's Russell take on the best headphones for the Daydream....

Best headphones for Daydream View | VRHeads
    11-18-2016 08:43 AM
    I use Sol Republic Tracks V10 for my Vive. Good response and I only paid 50USD on Amazon for them.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-18-2016 01:18 PM
    FYI, the Bose QC 25 cable connection on the headphones is NOT 3.5mm. I think it is 2.5mm. Consequently, I'm not sure the cable you are linking to will work.
    11-28-2016 02:30 PM