Has anyone checked out Westworld on HBO? It definitely has a video game vibe that reminds me of being in VR.

Westworld (TV Series 2016? ) - IMDb

This is obviously complete immersion

I'd love to see a great VR game set in late 1800s Caleefornee/Mayheeco
    curepute likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:23 PM
    Interestingly I discovered this show last night and saw the first episode! Some folks may be too young (of course they do have the internet and it's probably on Netflix or Amazon on Demand) but there was a movie called Westworld in the 70ies. This series is clearly based on it, one of the characters even looks kinda like Yule Brenner! Lol

I think it's fantastic!
    10-11-2016 11:02 PM
    Yeah between this, PSVR, etc, it really seems like we are thinking a lot about immersion and gaming in the culture right now. Exciting times.
    Cale Hunt likes this.
    10-11-2016 11:08 PM
    Interestingly I discovered this show last night and saw the first episode! Some folks may be too young (of course they do have the internet and it's probably on Netflix or Amazon on Demand) but there was a movie called Westworld in the 70ies. This series is clearly based on it, one of the characters even looks kinda like Yule Brenner! Lol

I think it's fantastic!
    Funny you mention that. On Monday (Thanksgiving in Canada) I watched the 70s movie after seeing the new series Sunday night. Neat premise - can't believe I hadn't heard of it. Can't wait to see where they take the series.

Yeah between this, PSVR, etc, it really seems like we are thinking a lot about immersion and gaming in the culture right now. Exciting times.
    Exciting times indeed!
    pkcable likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:19 PM
    I loved the old movie, it was actually a lot more thoughtful than I expected. I had sort of thought it was a comedy when I first heard about it.

I'm excited to check out the series.
    10-12-2016 08:05 PM
    Can we get a Westworld tour in VR please? 360-degree walkthrough of the town would be epic.
    pkcable, camiller and Firegold21 like this.
    10-13-2016 11:49 AM
    ^This!
    10-13-2016 11:50 AM
    The original was also written by Michael Crichton...twenty years before he wrote Jurassic Park.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-2016 03:13 PM
    The original was also written by Michael Crichton...twenty years before he wrote Jurassic Park.
    He wrote MANY good book! But yes he's the author. I think he may have directed and/or produced the movie also! Another good book of his I read was called Sphere which was also made in to a movie. Which of his book's WASN'T made in to a movie! That's probably a shorter list! lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-2016 03:53 PM
    Crichton indeed wrote and directed the movie. I remember reading Timeline when I was young...same sort of idea. Role playing in medieval Europe to save a friend
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-2016 12:32 PM
    Yeah
    10-14-2016 01:38 PM
    I thought the exact same thing when i watched it for the first time last night. I think disney has some stuff like this they're experimenting with.
    10-15-2016 06:03 PM
    I haven't watched it yet, but my wife started and is enjoying it. She thinks it might be too ... intense for VR, though. She's looking at it from the perspective of turning the show into a VR experience, rather than just the shoot 'em up part. From what she's said of it, it sounds like it'd definitely need an MA rating on it.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-15-2016 07:05 PM
    I haven't watched it yet, but my wife started and is enjoying it. She thinks it might be too ... intense for VR, though. She's looking at it from the perspective of turning the show into a VR experience, rather than just the shoot 'em up part. From what she's said of it, it sounds like it'd definitely need an MA rating on it.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Definitely very mature.
    10-26-2016 08:02 AM
    I like the show. Was excited for it from the first trailer I saw while Game Of Thrones was on.
    10-27-2016 10:08 AM
    now i'm going to be a party pooper but to me it is an excellent example of the question of violence in games. a VR future that could bring up such games in witch boundaries of allowed behavior would be very low.

but the series is great!
    10-27-2016 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD