It's available in Ford's VR app, as well as on its YouTube page.

Ken Block's "Gymkhana 9" video is a proper return to form for the YouTube-friendly pro driver and his collection of ridiculously powerful, drift-happy vehicles. But since it's 2016, it wouldn't be complete without some foothold in virtual reality.

Ford just offered up "Gymkhana 9" in VR-capable form on both the Ford Performance YouTube channel and the automaker's own FordVR app, which is available for both iOS and Android. It's not just the "Gymkhana 9" video, either -- there's a whole bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff, including a more in-depth look at the part where Block spins around a Ford F-150 Raptor dangling in midair.

If you're not familiar with the Gymkhana series, it's basically Block driving around like a nutter. There are drifts, jumps, perilous precipices and loads of tire smoke. It's an all-around good time, unless stunt driving makes you nervous, in which case, YouTube also has plenty of cat videos.

source: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/w...360-degree-vr/
    Firegold21 likes this.
    12-26-2016 05:32 AM
    My son might want to watch this, lol. He likes cars and VR. My wife, though, is one who can't handle VR roller coasters, so would want to stay the heck away from this.

That said, it sounds cool. And it sounds like 360 would be a good format for something like this. Make that vicarious experience slightly more authentic.
    12-26-2016 09:21 AM
    Clearly what we need now is VR cat videos.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-26-2016 10:13 AM
    Clearly what we need now is VR cat videos.
    They have that, actually. In Samsung VR (and as a standalone?) they've got some 360 videos of kittens. I think it was done as part of the Superbowl last year.
    12-26-2016 10:16 AM
    They have that, actually. In Samsung VR (and as a standalone?) they've got some 360 videos of kittens. I think it was done as part of the Superbowl last year.
    My life is now complete
    12-26-2016 10:35 AM
    I don't know if I should be happy or sad about it :/

LOL this planet is kind of weird.

PS.: I will look for that just now to share it here :P
    12-26-2016 05:57 PM