Got a spare $10,000 laying around? You can now buy a HTC Vive and GTX 1060-powered VR suitcase

VR gaming PCs are going to come in all shapes and sizes eventually, but a Munich-based company is already stepping up, showing off a VR suitcase which packs an HTC Vive headset, and a gaming PC to run it.

The suitcase has everything you'll need for an unpack-and-deploy VR gaming experience, including a gaming laptop and batteries, getting the VR set up in less than five minutes. The Innoactive VR suircase packs a VR-ready notebook powered by NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1060, a carbon fiber docking station with an integrated pre-wired Vive link box, rechargeable battery and power adapters, the HTC Vive headset, controllers, and carbon fiber monopods for the base stations with integrated rechargeable battery packs for up to 8 hours of wireless operation.

As you can see, Innoactive has thought of everything. The VR-ready gaming PC is MSI's GT72R, powered by an Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, and the GeForce GTX 1060. It's not cheap, with each VR suitcase costing around $9400, plus applicable taxes and shipping.

Source: VR suitcase has HTC Vive, decked out PC - costs $10,000
    09-24-2016 10:51 PM
    Now this is a great idea for portable work. I would like to see this setup used for libraries, schools (this could be the new TV cart! Who didn't love those?), and hospitals (I think there is plenty of VR therapy for mental illness possibilities - working on a blog about it).
    BioFanatic likes this.
    09-25-2016 02:01 PM
    Now this is a great idea for portable work. I would like to see this setup used for libraries, schools (this could be the new TV cart! Who didn't love those?), and hospitals (I think there is plenty of VR therapy for mental illness possibilities - working on a blog about it).
    I love it, I think the only down side is the price, but it has everything you need, so if you are a regular guy who wants to upgrade your setup to make VR, just sell everything related to this and leave that as your main computer and it won't be that expensive.
    09-25-2016 04:37 PM
    That's outrageous! I'm talking about the price of course, it's a great idea but hey let's face it, the average person doesn't have 10 grand lying around let alone a grand, I can only see this benefiting the elite, maybe someone will give one away some day, I can just see the number of entries now a million plus, your odds of winning over a 1 in a million unless you can get referrals lol
    09-25-2016 05:39 PM
    Very cool idea.
    Very ridiculous price tag.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    09-25-2016 09:51 PM
    Hah! Around the 2:23 mark in the video, someone pops their head around the corner
    BioFanatic likes this.
    09-25-2016 10:00 PM
    That's outrageous! I'm talking about the price of course, it's a great idea but hey let's face it, the average person doesn't have 10 grand lying around let alone a grand, I can only see this benefiting the elite, maybe someone will give one away some day, I can just see the number of entries now a million plus, your odds of winning over a 1 in a million unless you can get referrals lol
    The pricing would make this a choice for business/industrial needs. Don't think this would be consumer.
    09-26-2016 09:27 AM
    Yeah, this would be great for taking out to conferences and game expos. Right now transporting the whole setup for VR is a pain, especially if you are flying anywhere.
    09-26-2016 11:58 AM
    The pricing would make this a choice for business/industrial needs. Don't think this would be consumer.
    I kinda thought that after I posted, I might add I'm not a big fan of using laptops as workstations especially for something as power hungry as VR, I'm more inclined to think in the long run users are going to have replace a laptop or laptop motherboard but of course that's easer to do with a mini or mid tower, I got this gut feeling that over time laptops are going to break down with this kind of demand on the system especially due to cooling issues that towers naturally address better.
    09-26-2016 10:15 PM
    Hey Russell, this should be the next VR Heads prize!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:06 AM