In correlation to this thread from @RussellHolly (https://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-d...xt-year-10633/), I want to ask why we don't see more people streaming VR experiences.

I stream on Mixer, VR Heads streams on Twitch, and I see plenty of YouTube videos, but I'm wondering why I don't see more streamers.

I know the biggest issue most people tell me is "How do I see the chat?". I use OVRDrop on Steam to inject a pop-out chat window into my FOV, usually virtually behind one of my controllers, or in the far right of my FOV, depending on the game.

I don't stream a lot myself as my apartment is small, and I cannot not pick up my family "being a family" until after everyone has gone to sleep. Makes it harder to do a room-scale game when I don't have a quiet environment.

Why don't you stream VR? What are the issues? Is it how to stream? Equipment? Chat? Please reply and let us know!
    12-21-2017 10:15 AM
    For me it's equipment for sure. I just have phone based VR (Daydream View AND GearVR) so streaming would be tough. That being said I DO support the VR streaming community and I usually try to watch @krisguy and @James Bricknell, and/or any other VRHeads folks who stream content.
    krisguy likes this.
    12-21-2017 10:36 AM
    I don't stream much because streaming on the Gear VR sucks at present. You can only use Facebook and there is no chat overlay, so you can't interact with your viewers. Also, in some games at least, streaming has a significant negative impact on performance. Like when I'm playing Wands and streaming, I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose. If I could get a working solution to fix that, I'd definitely stream more.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-15-2018 07:54 PM