What makes VR so slowly adopted? The availability of cheap VR goggles is pretty good, right? But there are still so many people who never heard of VR. Why is this?
    Why do you think that is?
    10-25-2016 09:43 AM
    That's a good question. The tipping point hasn't yet been reached where it's something everyone has in their place even if they don't use it all the time. This age of VR is still new, and it suffers from past ages. Some of the best fiction, both written and filmed, involves some sort of virtual reality -- I think that bodes well for VR's future.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-25-2016 10:23 AM
    What can be done to make VR headsets a useful personal gadget? I think Apple must be pondering on this when thinking about designing VR headset.

Probably people think VR headsets look too geeky, too weird, too nerdy.
    Daydream View is Google's pretty smart move in that it address this issue. The design is more approachable, it looks friendly, looks comfy. Made of fabric.

Probably people think it's only for games.

When movies in VR multiply, live broadcast 360, I think people will begin to buy it.
    But I think affordable VR headset is a must if we want it to be huge.
    10-25-2016 11:19 AM
    Quality is still lacking, in terms of fps and latency. More importantly, there is a lack of content.

The only real substantial move forward for consumers, that appeals to mass market and has lasting appeal, is for gaming. And the PlayStation vr helps a lot here. But even there content looks to be limited in the early stages, and there is a huge price barrier.

I don't think many are interested in the cheaper vrs which don't really have mass market appeal the way the PS vr does.
    10-25-2016 06:09 PM
    I think several factors are slowing adoption. The nausea factor, lack of must have movies or games and maybe with the general public the perception is that this is just 3D TV part 2. But I do think the tipping point for this technology is not far off.
    10-30-2016 05:30 PM
    the tech is getting "good enough". Right now, good VR is very expensive, and less than best VR is still kind of lacking. Content is still scarce, as creators struggle to find the best uses of VR
    10-31-2016 04:10 AM