I never knew I wanted it till I got it. VR that is.
    Sure I wanted to try it but after the let down that was 3DTV & Kinect 2.0 a part of me suspected it would be just another failed gimmick. Far from it.
    It's a whole new gaming platform which I believe will grow and live alongside traditional gaming.
    If I didn't have it now I would miss it!

Just a quick thank you to VR Head's!
    10-11-2016 05:39 PM
    Awesome - completely agree with you about it being a new gaming platform. I'm also glad to have a kickass community I can converse with.
    VirtuaTyKing and Chemy JMHT like this.
    10-11-2016 07:26 PM
    I wish I could find it, but I blocked 2 guys after they trolled me on Twitter saying that I was a waste for using VR. I really hate trolls.
    10-12-2016 11:54 AM
    I wish I could find it, but I blocked 2 guys after they trolled me on Twitter saying that I was a waste for using VR. I really hate trolls.
    They are probably just jealous.
    10-12-2016 01:55 PM
    No, they personally attacked me because I was promoting VR and "wasting people's money". Guh.
    10-12-2016 02:00 PM
    Who were they the Cash Police
    You were only spreading the VR word. It's not like you were telling them to believe in Jesus or something alike. Watch out they'll be getting the pitchforks out next. Ignorant people.
    10-12-2016 02:15 PM
    A lot of people don't understand the potential of VR, just yesterday (more or less at the same time VirtualTyKing was posting this) I was talking with a cousin and she is a sociologist, she was actually arguing with me about how the VR platform is about gaming and tech, not other aplication, so I just spoke a little about how it's used to create a place for training, to treat post traumatic patients from all areas, how the UN is using VR to create a more emphatic world and then she maybe didn't get it at all, but at least she is confused about it : but not sure that it's just for entertaining .

I guess the problem is because of the main marketing of VR/AR is to consumers which want to have a fun time and there is not more room in marketing for those places like hospitals, schools and other which will give a productive use of the tech.

One true thing is VR is part of the future, we are in the moment when everything is being born, so we will see a lot of change over a couple of years.
    krisguy and Cale Hunt like this.
    10-12-2016 02:21 PM
    There is no doubt it does have untapped potential.

I was playing luckys tale the other day and what I thought was floating pollen got real close to me and I swear it felt like it touched my nose for a few seconds. Same kind of similar phantom feeling I had when playing a game on floating platforms and the floor felt like it was moving. Neither were unpleasant. I just put it down to my brain filling in the blanks either that or I'm going crazy lol
    10-12-2016 04:46 PM
    I caught a video earlier today of someone calling VR headsets "privilege goggles" because they are expensive and don't always focus on either mass market or people with disabilities.

I sat in the audience during the Oculus Connect 3 keynote and listened as Mark Zuckerberg explained where he thought VR was right now. This is not a mass market play yet, that doesn't come for a while. This is very much a public exploration of what will eventually be how we use things in the future. It's not for everyone, but the incredible thing about being "privileged" enough to experience what is happening right now is the ability to have a voice in shaping what comes next. Everyone can openly communicate with developers, hardware manufacturers welcome feedback and are pushing changes on a surprisingly regular basis.

VR maybe isn't for everyone right now, and there's absolutely some improvements all around that need to be made. If you're able, it's one hell of a ride to be on right now and I am so glad everyone here is interested in being a part of that conversation!
    10-12-2016 05:44 PM
    There is no doubt it does have untapped potential.

I was playing luckys tale the other day and what I thought was floating pollen got real close to me and I swear it felt like it touched my nose for a few seconds. Same kind of similar phantom feeling I had when playing a game on floating platforms and the floor felt like it was moving. Neither were unpleasant. I just put it down to my brain filling in the blanks either that or I'm going crazy lol
    Remind you of phantom vibrations in your pocket when your phone isn't around?
    VirtuaTyKing likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:21 PM
    I sat in the audience during the Oculus Connect 3 keynote and listened as Mark Zuckerberg explained where he thought VR was right now
    I feel a little bit jealous about not being there!

And from the other parts of your text, yes I think the same we are in the moment when it's arising and we can be in touch we almost everything about it, somehow we can give the feedback needed to mold the future of this tech.

I think that's why I want to give everybody around me a taste of the Rift and the VR, I want to see how they react and receive their feedback.
    10-12-2016 10:36 PM
    I think that's why I want to give everybody around me a taste of the Rift and the VR, I want to see how they react and receive their feedback.
    By far my favorite part of being a VR user right now is sharing with other. It's the best every time.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    10-13-2016 07:48 AM
    I never knew I wanted it till I got it. VR that is.
    Sure I wanted to try it but after the let down that was 3DTV & Kinect 2.0 a part of me suspected it would be just another failed gimmick. Far from it.
    It's a whole new gaming platform which I believe will grow and live alongside traditional gaming.
    If I didn't have it now I would miss it!

Just a quick thank you to VR Head's!
    When ever there is something new launched in the market. i always wait 6 months + to see if its a craze like Pokemon Go or if its actually something the market likes and will use for a while. VR seems like its going to stick around a while but i personally don't think its found its perfect market just yet but people are using it for all sorts of different things.
    10-13-2016 12:15 PM
    It may not have mass market appeal right now, but mark my words, it will seemingly overnight. Happens with so often with technology. Pricing and quality will be key.
    10-13-2016 01:12 PM
    I think we will see a lot of awesome gaming features focus on VR in the future. I could imagine certain games I play integrating a VR aspect and how awesome that would be.
    10-13-2016 03:51 PM
    I think we will see a lot of awesome gaming features focus on VR in the future. I could imagine certain games I play integrating a VR aspect and how awesome that would be.
    Exactly, things like the Fallout 4 remix coming next year will start that.
    10-13-2016 04:10 PM
    I caught a video earlier today of someone calling VR headsets "privilege goggles" because they are expensive and don't always focus on either mass market or people with disabilities.
    As a person with disabilities (congenital atresia of both ear canals; I now wear a Ponto, a bone-anchored hearing aid), I think VR is just fine. I've also heard it works well for people who are legally blind due to extreme nearsightedness.

Also, I hate the word "privilege" being used like it's a dirty word. My having the privilege of using VR is not taking anything away from anyone else; in fact, it's opening the door for EVERYONE to have the same privilege. Someone, after all, has to be the early adopter who helps iron out all the bugs before it goes to mass market.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    the_moesiah and Talkivr like this.
    10-13-2016 04:23 PM