I got to try out the HTC Vive recently and liked it a lot but haven't had the opportunity to try any other. Which headset do you prefer?
    05-27-2016 10:06 AM
    Based solely on what I have read on the high end the HTC Vive would be my choice, on the LOW end again based solely on what I have read Google Daydream!
    Penguwin likes this.
    05-27-2016 11:03 AM
    Based solely on what I have read on the high end the HTC Vive would be my choice, on the LOW end again based solely on what I have read Google Daydream!
    I'd have to agree with pk here... again, just on what I've read and with certain caveats (like the Vive requiring a large area & PC to work properly). HTC Vive if money is no issue, Google cardboard / daydream (once it's released to the public) for the cheaper route.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-27-2016 12:28 PM
    I recently had the opportunity to try the Vive at a Microsoft store and the CV1 at Best Buy. I would say as it stands now I prefer the Vive due to the controllers. Tilt Brush is Amazing! Screens seemed to be comparable mostly, but having "hands" in the world even in a limited space makes a huge difference. Perhaps the playing field will level out when Oculus releases their touch controllers.
    06-03-2016 11:22 PM
    I'm travelling to Salt Lake City next week, so I'll go to the MS store there and try the Vive.
    Penguwin likes this.
    06-07-2016 12:46 AM
    I'm thinking about picking up a Samsung phone and GearVR.
    06-07-2016 08:11 AM
    i'm thinking about picking up a samsung phone and gearvr.
    doo eeeeet!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    06-17-2016 02:10 AM
    I wish my carrier plan was more ready for upgrade! :-( stuck with my Priv for now.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    06-18-2016 02:49 PM
    i would prefer Oculus Rift but atm Vive and Rift are too expensive for me, hope prices will drop soon
    07-14-2016 04:13 AM
    Right now I'm leaning toward the Vive, based on the room scale stuff and the controllers. I know the Rift can do that as well, once the Touch controllers come out, but I get the impression the Rift has more complaints about "God rays" and whatnot.

I'm going to try a Rift out at Best Buy tomorrow; after that, I'll have tried all the current options and can make a decision better.

07-15-2016 01:12 PM
    i think once the touch controllers arrivem the rift will be a better device, but i like the open philosophy of the vive
    07-16-2016 03:13 PM
    While I think currently the Vive is a better device, I think the Oculus has a brighter future. With its lower price and easier set up oh and I believe an under wraps agreement with Microsoft, Oculus may be the way to go. Plus you can access the steam store with the Oculus. You cannot access the Oculus store with a Vive..
    07-17-2016 07:09 AM
    Axgio Virtual Reality Headset is good budget device
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H1T0HE6...UvrUvbUpU50206
    07-25-2016 04:10 AM
    hope Razer OSVR will released soon, its much cheaper then vive or oculus
    07-27-2016 06:06 AM
    If i had the equipment and extra cash cash i would definitely go for the vive. Tried it out in a gamestop and it was pretty amazing! With my budget, going for PSVR
    07-27-2016 11:28 PM
    Vive looks better with the open room/camera and controllers, but as others have said it could change when the rift comes out with their controllers. Sadly I haven't been able to try a rift yet, so my choice is slightly biased. I need to wait for them to go on sale though, because both of them are too expensive right now haha.
    07-28-2016 03:12 AM
    You can visit a virtual Church, listen to virtual sermons, drink virtual wine, read a virtual bible, and pray to your virtual God. Praise the Lord VR.
    08-02-2016 06:42 PM
    If i had the equipment and extra cash cash i would definitely go for the vive. Tried it out in a gamestop and it was pretty amazing! With my budget, going for PSVR
    Remember, everyone, it's all about what works on your budget. With the new Note 7 coming out, I am probably going to buy the new Gear VR and sell my old one.
    08-03-2016 12:13 PM
    Remember, everyone, it's all about what works on your budget. With the new Note 7 coming out, I am probably going to buy the new Gear VR and sell my old one.
    Heh. That's about right. The best one is the one you can afford. Which is why I keep entering the various contests; only way to get one I can't afford is as a prize, lol.

Outside of that, and even if I do win a full VR, I'll still upgrade to the Note 7 and the new Gear VR. I enjoy it enough and have put some money into the system, so don't want to let that all go to waste.

08-07-2016 09:37 AM
    I've been loving the HTC Vive due mainly to the motion controllers. The experience just isn't the same without them TBH. Oculus fans: Rift will always have a special place in my heart as it was my first introduction to VR.

I just received a Gear VR and it is great for carrying around with you and introducing friends and family (and curious bystanders) to VR. There are some great apps available for it. I especially love the travel apps. Check out VISO Places - it uses Google Maps street view content so you can basically walk around anywhere Google's been. I spent like 30 minutes in my own city before I realized I could travel anywhere in the world lol
    08-16-2016 12:51 PM
    Well, here we talk about like 4 or 5 headsets, but reading here I found like 10 or 12 more devices, there are a few which don't need a pc or a smartphone (kind of cheap, not high end), also some other brands were posted here (were like 5 devices) and I think the PlayStation option is one to try, I don't like the fact of a lack of power console to handle a VR headset and controllers but if money is not a problem, I will try all
    08-22-2016 10:45 PM