I'm an armchair Pilot, never have flown, always liked to fly around in MS Flight Simulator and latest is MS Flight, but I realize that I have yet to really experience the true feel of flying and the closest would be VR, what I'm wondering is how would you go about controlling a VR plane without a yoke or flight stick or VR rotary craft, I guess with the current technology you would just move your sticks around, but my guess is that would not be realistic enough to meet the requirements of true flight school and training, I'm not saying that you can get your license buy never leaving the ground, that's just absurd but what I am saying is what about flight students who want to practice with VR at home will there be some way to integrate Flight Yokes and Pedals so they have the same experience they would have as they do in the real cockpit? I have to wonder
    09-08-2016 09:56 PM
    Since the Rift is a stationary VR format, someone could -- and probably will - make a flight yoke (is that the proper terminology?) for sims.
    09-09-2016 01:05 AM
    Well, take a look at this tread I recently made:

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...training-8452/

Some air forces are using VR as part of their training programs for pilots (but actually they are using it almost for everything).
    09-09-2016 01:32 AM
    Also this other article is about how was used the Oculus Rift (I think it was the DK1 actually) to give a "second chance" to the elderly veteran pilots of flying again.

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...ly-again-8453/
    Sim_8_3 likes this.
    09-09-2016 01:39 AM
    Well Flight Yoke for Fixed wing, rotary would be stick and collective I think.
    09-10-2016 12:10 AM
    I took a look at the article, so now I wonder what will be available on a civilian level for small air craft and will it be something that you can just plug and play at home? Thanks
    09-10-2016 12:13 AM