New Years eve, VorpX 17.1.0 was released. I'll let you go to their site for the full features/upgrade/fix list. But the long and short of it is that VorpX now allows you to use Vive and Rift controllers on supported non-VR games. Want to know more?

vorpX 17.1.0 Released - vorpX - VR 3D-Driver for Oculus Rift
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    01-06-2017 02:48 PM
    That's pretty cool. I am sure this will introduce new options for those looking at getting in VR gaming.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    01-06-2017 03:39 PM
    Cool! Will roomscale also work with some titles? That could be fantastic
    01-08-2017 08:51 AM
    Wow, that's amazing, more reasons to get the Touch controllers!
    01-08-2017 09:14 PM
    Technically, no.. What VorpX does is just convert a 2D screen to a 3D screen and then maintain the proper distance so it look natural (hopefully: after a LOT of playing with settings), and provides head tracking so it looks like you are looking around in a 3D environment.. But you are still basically on a 2D screen. Once its properly configured and it looks good, it MIGHT seem like room scale.. But I'm not sure as I'd go far enough to say that it actually is. I never use a horse in Skyrim..but if all of a sudden it were room scale, I suspect I'd end up using one a lot more. Or my feet would be really sore from all of that walking. I AM now curious, though, as to how long it would actually take to "walk" from one end of Skyrim to the other..

And, just because you can find the answer to EVERYTHING on the internet:

2 Hours 10 MInutes...at least for the chosen path of this video....
    Last edited by MainFragger; 01-09-2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Found link to answer my question..
    01-09-2017 12:37 PM
    What VorpX does is just convert a 2D screen to a 3D screen
    I don't remember which software I used to do the same with Fallout 4, but the experience wasn't pretty good actually, doesn't sound like was with this, but I think I will wait my brother to try it.
    01-09-2017 08:21 PM
    The other software that does this (that I am aware of) is Vireio Perception.. But I've never been able to get it to work with Skyrim..
    01-10-2017 09:26 AM
    I keep wanting to try VorpX, but I always stop myself before buying it because there are so many great titles that are made for VR.
    01-10-2017 09:47 AM
    There also are some free options and hopefully will be more and better.
    01-10-2017 09:12 PM
    There also are some free options and hopefully will be more and better.
    Really? Good to know!
    Can they compare in quality to Vorpx or it is just in another league?
    Because 40$ seems to be quite a lot for a software that optimizes games for VR that are mostly already made in 3D.
    By the way, are the games that work with all those software must be games that were developed with a support of 3D (by that I mean 3D with glasses), or any regular game will work just the same? In other words, can it create the 3D effect itself without the need for the game to already support 3D?
    01-11-2017 07:47 PM
    Really? Good to know!
    Because 40$ seems to be quite a lot for a software that optimizes games for VR that are mostly already made in 3D.
    By the way, are the games that work with all those software must be games that were developed with a support of 3D (by that I mean 3D with glasses), or any regular game will work just the same? In other words, can it create the 3D effect itself without the need for the game to already support 3D?
    Most of the free options I tried aren't good enough as Vorpx appears to be, are even more for some specific games.

All are meant to be used with 3D games lie Skyrim, not 3D in the way that need a 3D glasses, I haven't actually though about we call 3D games to a 2D game in a 3D perspective.
    01-11-2017 08:08 PM
    Really? Good to know!
    There is a long list of games it supports. Most of them are 2D games that normally display on 2D screens, but have 3D environments built in. I'm actually a little sorry that I missed the DeathStalker2 sale a bit back. I was a little gun shy, but really for $5.99 and the chance to see it in VR..I really should have have pulled the trigger. I'd LOVE to see that world in 3D/VRish..
    01-13-2017 12:32 PM
    There is a lot of temptation to buy the Vorpx adn try the game we already have, but because not all will work and not all of those which will work will do it perfectly it's a risk to take.
    01-15-2017 08:10 PM