- 02-07-2017, 05:53 PM #1
The VOID users report phantom sensations when playing
I was just browsing Quora and saw a cool answer from Curtis Hickman (CCO/Co-founder at The Void):
Question:Will full immersion virtual reality induce phantom sensations?
Curtis Hickman's answer:Yes. We see this all the time at The VOID.
Due to the limitations of our stages, we can't simulate every single sensation one would expect to find in a real environment. So, a select number of stimulus are chosen to augment the virtual world. Your mind does a remarkable job of filling in the blanks.
For example, I can't tell you how often people mention that their favorite effect was the heat emanating from their torch. Their “torch” was, in reality, just a stick with trackers on it. Nothing more.
Have you ever experienced any sensations that weren't programmed into the game?
- 02-07-2017, 08:04 PM #3
I haven't felt that, but I haven't tried the Void, one more reason to do it.
That's nice info and very possible, I remember the history of a guy who actually believed he was in another place after wearing the ViVE and taking a nap (still with the ViVE on), also the strong sensations we feel while in VR and next generation with all the haptics around will be simply too great.
- By pkcable in forum Buying Google CardboardReplies: 4Last Post: 02-17-2017, 03:21 PM
- By pkcable in forum VR & KidsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-13-2017, 11:16 AM
- By EgoAnt in forum Augmented RealityReplies: 5Last Post: 02-07-2017, 07:45 PM
- By pkcable in forum Project TangoReplies: 2Last Post: 02-06-2017, 07:45 PM
- By pkcable in forum Buying a 360FlyReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2017, 03:16 PM