10-21-2016 02:08 AM
- Makes some possibly valid points.
Without pornography, the internet as we know it today, would not exist.
It's a bold claim, but some experts credit porn with popularising many online activities we take for granted.
These range from video streaming and webcams, to credit card transactions to opt-in email subscriptions.
Virtual reality is one area the technology industry is looking to make big money - and the developers of sex toys, cam sites and porn videos are already staking their claims.
But these new "immersive" forms are causing concern for the therapists treating people who say pornography use has caused them emotional and physical problems.
And they raise questions about what the future of our relationships will look like - both on and offline.
Kiiroo is just one of many companies whose future success rests on the increasing popularity of virtual reality sex.
Based in Amsterdam, the team launched their business with interactive sex toys for long-distance couples.
But they soon realised their products would be compatible with the new breed of virtual reality porn films.
Their devices enhance virtual reality pornography by adding physical sensation to an already "immersive" visual experience, according to Maurice Op de Beek, the firm's chief technology officer.
Pornographic videos are shot from a first-person perspective. They are then coded so that the images seen on-screen correspond with movements made by the toys.
While there are more videos shot from a male viewpoint, there are also many aimed at women.
The companies sales figures suggest that young people in their 20s and 30s are one of their main markets.
Both men and women buy the products but Maurice acknowledges the sex toys designed for women are more limited.
While the device for men works independently, at the moment the one for females requires more input from the user.
"That will change," says Maurice. "We will have a new product coming out that will be much more immersive."
All the devices are going to be "much more realistic" in the future, he adds.
"There will be all kinds of toys connected to movies, so you'll have an entire experience, [with devices] moving in all kinds of ways."
Virtual reality headset
Newsbeat's special investigation into the effects of porn on young people has found that more men in their late teens and early-20s are suffering from erectile dysfunction.
One of the UK's top psychosexual therapists puts much of the blame on people becoming addicted to watching online porn.
Others have told Newsbeat porn has made them feel bad about their bodies, not be able to relate to members of the opposite sex and affected trust in their relationships.
Psychosexual and relationship therapist Sarah Calvert says she has grave concerns about the repercussions virtual reality pornography may have on viewers.
They definitely feel a very strong connection with me
Web cam model and entrepreneur
"Your self-esteem can have a really big knock if you're in these virtual reality experiences and you're looking down and seeing ripped abs, big ***** and then you come back to reality and that's not the case," she explains.
Sarah worries that "loneliness" can drive people to use internet pornography, but that virtual reality won't alleviate that feeling.
Like Ela, Sarah is aware of people who feel a really strong connection with the porn stars they see performing on screen.
"These viewers are trying to escape an unhappy [real] life for a happy virtual life," she says.
"The issues they're trying to escape from are still there when they finish that experience and they could be exacerbated because the person becomes isolated in virtual reality."
Ela Darling is a webcam model, who uses virtual reality and devices, to perform to and interact with viewers all around the world.
Your self-esteem can have a really big knock if you're in these virtual reality experiences... and then you come back to reality
Psychosexual and relationship therapist
She's also co-founded her own virtual reality business.
"From a virtual reality perspective, the experience is so much more present and intimate than anything before it," Ela explains.
"It's like a Polaroid compared to an Imax film. You're entirely immersed in the world that I have cultivated for you to consume."
Virtual reality creates a far more intimate experience.
"If someone just wants to see a girl be naked, there are many, many ways they can do that for free basically," she says.
"What this [cam modelling] offers is human connection and virtual reality exponentially increases that connection."
But Ela acknowledges that the relationship between her and her clients can lack balance.
"I've had a couple of people at this point who will experience my VR chatroom and they start to feel comfortable and safe," she explains.
"Do I feel safe and trust them on the same level that they feel that with me?
"Certainly not. I don't actually know these people, I don't have the same experience they're having. I'm not in their virtual bedrooms with them.
"On that level there's definitely a skewed reciprocity.
Source:Is virtual reality the future of online pornography? - BBC Newsbeat08-19-2016 05:24 PM
- Well, I saw this video (NSFW) a few weeks ago in Facebook and I was thinking about the future of the VR, because it's was before the release this amount VR headset and it has the whole hardware needed for sex (it could be improved a lot, but still
I decided to post this one which actually has an analysis and it's a good one I guess08-20-2016 04:19 PM
- Whenever pornography and VR are brought up together, I have to wonder what a world not being driven by sex would look like. If "teledildonics" (seriously look it up) improve as VR improves, how many people will just shut themselves in and not bother with the world at large? What will drive people to do anything if their base needs are satisfied with the click of a button?08-22-2016 06:45 PM
- Maybe if something as VR makes a huge change in us about sex, it may means that it's possible to have VR sex chats, also maybe some people can fulfill their needs in the virtual world so the "demand" of sex in advertising, tv, Internet, etc. changes a lot, maybe the porn industry change to VR and the human traffic ends, because, why having problems with real people if anyone can sell a virtual person legally.08-22-2016 10:22 PM
- It's an interesting idea and it may permitate into society to a degree. I think we would have to be entering Blade runner territory for this to happen on a massive scale though. Unless it's a replicant it's never gonna fulfill as much. On a physical level I mean never-mind an emotional one.08-23-2016 06:28 AM
- It's an interesting idea and it may permitate into society to a degree. I think we would have to be entering Blade runner territory for this to happen on a massive scale though. Unless it's a replicant it's never gonna fulfill as much. On a physical level I mean never-mind an emotional one.08-24-2016 04:36 PM
- Maybe if something as VR makes a huge change in us about sex, it may means that it's possible to have VR sex chats, also maybe some people can fulfill their needs in the virtual world so the "demand" of sex in advertising, tv, Internet, etc. changes a lot, maybe the porn industry change to VR and the human traffic ends, because, why having problems with real people if anyone can sell a virtual person legally.08-24-2016 04:38 PM
- Interestingly VRHeads has had 4 porn blogs already!!!! lol
"World's Best VR Glasses for Porn" hits IndieGoGo goal in under 24 hours!! | VRHeads
Is watching Porn in VR worth it? | VRHeads
Everything you need to know about porn on the Gear VR | VRHeads
How to watch porn on your Oculus Rift [NSFW] | VRHeads
PS I want to party with Jen Karner! lol08-26-2016 08:19 PM
- I just saw this article about the new PS4VR: https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/29/...ault-the-game/
The video looks really weird.
08-30-2016 04:09 PM
- Well, it's done! a porn site for VR, posted it here:
AliceX: a new service of live cams for VR.09-03-2016 10:17 AM
- I saw this topic and I just couldn't resist adding my two cents, first off the psycho sexual aspect is a big issue for some, of course there is the issue of what some struggle with known as Pornography Addiction, of course like any other addiction it's treatable and you can't blame porn for it, the same people easily get addicted to eating, sex, drugs and alcohol, they just are filling a void. Now that being said, there is a healthy aspect to all this, especially for those who have either frigid partners or want to experiment without the element of risk. There is no doubt a place for porn and VR on the net, and yes the industry not only drives the net but thrives from it, given the fact that most producers moved away from DVDs and onto the Net years ago,Having worked with an adult related business I personally witnessed the Adult.Com rise practically over night in the early 90's and it hasn't stopped since. of course the technology has changed, I used to work for a company that was one of the pioneers of what we now call "web cam sites" originally the concept was to pitch strip clubs to have their performers performing live on cam, there was a little interest but for some reason it just didn't go that direction, had it I would have made a fortune, perhaps if the VR element existed back then it might have been looked at differently. At any rate there have been some attempts at teledildonics in the past but they were just not cost effective, the web cam models of today are using something called "mibod" it's a form of teledildonics where the viewer controls the vibrator it's much more cost effective. So as for VR Sex and the use of teledildonics i it's starting to look like things are moving more in that direction, albeit rather slowly, there doesn't seem to anything clearly defined that would be a cost effective packaged deal, my guess is that viewers will combine the two and try to make it work as best as they can till someone introduces some kind of package like the one the illustrated above with the Sex Suit.09-05-2016 01:25 AM
- of course there is the issue of what some struggle with known as Pornography Addiction, of course like any other addiction it's treatable and you can't blame porn for it, the same people easily get addicted to eating, sex, drugs and alcohol, they just are filling a void.
I think the next generation life will be shaped for the development of VR/AR/MR technologies and the new applications yet to be discovered and also the new technologies ahead.09-05-2016 10:05 AM
- On the subject of teledildonics I just stumbled on a new device called IFuk, yep the name implies what it does, I stumbled on it just doing a google search for Gear VR, but I will not share the link since it's commercial in case it violates TOS but just google it if any of you are curious.09-10-2016 01:51 AM
- I remember once in a popular science magazine called Very Interesting (in Spanish actually "Muy Interesante") they were talking about virtual sex with a technology before to the VFX1 so the quality and everything was something pretty bad, but at that moment was kind of amazing to believe someone thinking doing something like that, now that I see we (the humanity) is always working to bring sex to everything I don't know what to think about it, sex is important in all animal lives (maybe there are some animals which reproduce asexually but you got the point) , but in humans beings is like one of the top 5 things and more combined with all the money related to it.
So right now we are talking of Virtual Reality and Sex, but I'm pretty sure someone is working in augmented reality and merged reality and with a lot of backers.09-12-2016 09:43 PM
- I've been messing around with watching porn on VR, and I have to admit, the most seductive thing about it is that it no longer feels like you are watching porn on TV. It feels instead like you are watching a live show. Like you are there. I am amazed at how lifelike and real some of the higher resolution videos come off as. Stretch the screen just enough to surpass your normal relaxed field of view, and you might as well be there. In a way, that adds a level of excitement for me. I like porn, but porn is a substitute for my real voyeuristic urges. And feeling like I am actually there appeals to my inner voyeur greatly.. It feels less like I am some lonely desperate perv stuck at home with a box of tissues on a Friday night and more like I am having a good time with other people that are having a good time. I got my headset for gaming, movies, and yes..porn..and so far, the movies, television and porn are the biggest value I am getting out of it. The gaming aspects of it have a looooooooooooong way to go.09-13-2016 12:57 PM
- Out of curiosity I checked out some VR porn the other night. Was kind of disappointing. It made me feel like I was an onlooking fly on someones forehead. The scaling was totally off. Everyone seemed huge. Ha ha not talking about ***** size. I found the 3D effect to be kind of weak also.
I hope they find a way to improve the experience. It's clearly not a hardware limitation. Maybe it's the hardware they use to record it?
Every other experience in VR has been mostly awesome so far.09-16-2016 06:47 PM
- Look what VRHeads posted
How to watch porn on PlayStation VR [NSFW] | VRHeads10-14-2016 07:27 PM
- By Android Optimizer in forum Samsung Gear VRReplies: 4Last Post: 10-18-2016, 09:35 PM
- By pdch in forum HTC ViveReplies: 3Last Post: 09-02-2016, 01:57 PM
- By Chemy JMHT in forum VR News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2016, 09:19 AM
- By Chemy JMHT in forum VR News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2016, 06:17 PM
- By Chemy JMHT in forum VR News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2016, 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD