Virtual reality (VR) is expected to reshape the real estate industry in much the same way internet listings did. It may not be long before your first view of your next house or apartment will be through a View-Master-like headset.The time is right, many say. The technology has gone down in price and is now easier to use, buyers and their agents aren’t as afraid of technology as in past years, and real estate markets are more global than ever.

From the Star Tribune 4/10/17

Virtual reality expected to shake up future of real estate - StarTribune.com
    04-10-2017 08:59 AM
    that's something I saw to come, anything with the option to be shown in VR will be amazing, I remember those previous post of some companies doing that with a few demos and was really nice.

I think it will be great for the sellers and the buyers as well.
    04-10-2017 07:19 PM
    There are a couple Daydream programs that feature Real Estate!
    04-10-2017 10:13 PM
    There are a couple Daydream programs that feature Real Estate!
    Which ones?

Cheers
    04-11-2017 02:57 AM
    The other day while driving with my wife, I saw a car that had a license plate that read "VRHOMES." I pointed out to my wife and said, "I bet that's a real estate person using VR." I agree that it's coming.
    04-11-2017 05:03 AM
    Which ones?

Cheers

The carousel in the Daydream has a couple, BUT there are many more Cardboard app that are compatible too, right from the Google Play store. Just search Real Estate VR. Just the other day I was having lunch with my buddy an agent and he got a call from a client and they scheduled an appointment to have 360 pictures of the guy's home taken for the upcoming listing. After I asked my buddy about it. They take the pictures/videos and make a 360 walkthru of the house which he then makes a website of and prospective buyers can view RIGHT from their own homes.
    Firegold21 and Chemy JMHT like this.
    04-11-2017 09:35 AM
    Nice! As someone who plans on buying a house in the near future, it's so important to know as much about a property as you can before you go take a physical tour. You could waste so much time! I feel like this will make real estate agents job's a lot easier!
    04-12-2017 08:00 AM
    Its great to be able to view properties in VR mode and make some selections before actually going down to view in person. I support this.
    04-12-2017 09:15 AM