This is a kind of new review and comparison from a site called Makeuseof.

I think it's a good one for those who doesn't have the chance to try both of VR headset and also to know a little bit the differences.

One thing is that it's more intended to regular people non familiar with any headset, so could be a good reference.

Well here the video

iThunderbirt likes this.
    05-29-2017 01:53 PM
    That Stem thing he mentions in passing actually looks pretty interesting.
    05-30-2017 11:55 AM
    That Stem thing he mentions in passing actually looks pretty interesting.
    I haven't tried but I liked the video because it's a perspective from someone who just want a good VR and was luck enough to try the Rift from the beginning and also the ViVE.
    05-30-2017 12:00 PM
    The conclusion suprised me since the individual points seemed to favor the Rift. I get that the cabling will be annoying for 360 setups but the claim that the Oculus solution will repeatedly break because of software while Vive will not was a new one for me. It's obviously just this guy's experience so I wonder if it's that's true in general or if he's just had good/bad luck between the two systems.
    05-30-2017 05:11 PM
    I think maybe because he pointed out that if price is not a problem and if you want a more easy setup.

Also because of the hacks that allows to use the exclusive content for the Rift on the ViVE.

But also I think it's matter of preferences.

Always try before buying when it's possible.
    05-31-2017 12:16 AM
    Solid compare. I largely agree with everything said here.
    05-31-2017 10:55 AM
    I'm surprised he didn't mention the Leap Motion Controller or sensor that turns your hands, if I am correct 120 degrees in front of you, into a virtual representation. I have neither systems but I read that the Vive has an extra USB port on the headset perfect for it. The video didn't shock me with his conclusions though. I really liked how bi-partisan he was in the end.
    06-01-2017 02:56 AM