Well Its nice to see this kind of places being created all over the world, there is one in Asia (I don't remember the name) there is another in Miami (Virtual Reality Park ? Exciting & Interactive VR Experience!) and if you browse a little bit more you may find a lot

I don't know if it's only the marketing or ads but this one called my attention
    (Taken from http://www.univrsgaming.com/ )

Univrs - vancouver's first virtual reality lounge-lwdpdyvi.jpg

VANCOUVER'S FIRST VIRTUAL REALITY LOUNGE

Experience a new dimension of gaming like never before. Our VR lounge is equipped with the latest groundbreaking technologies that delivery unparalleled immersive experiences, blurring the lines between what's real and what's not.

POWERED BY HTC VIVE

We use only the latest and greatest in Virtual Reality technology to provide you with the best experience, from the moment you put on the headset, to the moment you take it off.

FUN FOR EVERYONE

We've got games for the whole family. Whether you're an avid gamer or just trying VR for the first time, our team of specialized crew will help you set up and get familiar with the VR environment and our large selection of virtual experiences!

Opening late 2016. Sign up below for exclusive tickets and prizes.
    11-04-2016 12:07 AM
    Huh. That looks really interesting. I'm not sure if I'd be a fan of having to go somewhere in order to jump into VR, but for those who want to try things out without buying them this seems really cool. If there were a bar or restaurant attached it'd be a great way to meet new people too. Especially since you know they are already into VR so you have something in common already.
    11-04-2016 01:38 AM
    Huh. That looks really interesting. I'm not sure if I'd be a fan of having to go somewhere in order to jump into VR, but for those who want to try things out without buying them this seems really cool. If there were a bar or restaurant attached it'd be a great way to meet new people too. Especially since you know they are already into VR so you have something in common already.
    Well it's one of a few new places for VR, I'm pretty sure soon some bars/pub and even bigger clubs will arise for it, I'm kind of worry about the eyes and other diseases which may arrive massively because of that but I'm sure a solution will be figure out.

I don't know where are you located but you may want to check this one:

The VR Bar | The Worlds First and Greatest Virtual Bar

The VR Bar
    The Worlds First and Greatest Virtual Bar
    11-04-2016 10:52 AM
    Looks like something interesting to try before deciding whether or not to buy one yourself. I'm wondering how many "curious" people will take them up on it and if this ends up being sustainable as a business?
    11-05-2016 09:44 AM
    I'm located in MD, USA so that's a bit of a hike for me. Hopefully something hits the states sooner rather than later since I'd definitely like to check one of these out.

I'm not particularly worried about diseases based on germs in the headsets. Primarily after my experience with a VR coaster at Six Flags. If you have enough time or headsets, it's easy to get everything wiped down before the next used pops in. I think you just need to get users that are used to cleaning their equipment before and after use. Similar to wiping down equipment at the gym after you finish a set.
    11-05-2016 02:09 PM
    *Homer Simpson whining voice* Oooooo...I am in the same country but I have three provinces separating me from it

This could be the closest thing to a holodeck. Anyone for raquetball STTNG style?
    Univrs - vancouver's first virtual reality lounge-galaxy_class_racquetball_court.jpg
    11-05-2016 10:32 PM
    I'm located in MD, USA so that's a bit of a hike for me. Hopefully something hits the states sooner rather than later since I'd definitely like to check one of these out.

I'm not particularly worried about diseases based on germs in the headsets. Primarily after my experience with a VR coaster at Six Flags. If you have enough time or headsets, it's easy to get everything wiped down before the next used pops in. I think you just need to get users that are used to cleaning their equipment before and after use. Similar to wiping down equipment at the gym after you finish a set.
    This one might be the closet to you UMD VR Club but MD is big.

And referring to eyes disease because of it:

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-develop...e-herpes-8931/

For sure it's not something to worry right now, but in the future could a problem.
    11-05-2016 10:50 PM
    Man, this might just be a whole new era of arcades
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-06-2016 01:59 AM
    Man, this might just be a whole new era of arcades
    Amen!

I actually want it, maybe even if I need to bring my own VR headset to the place.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-06-2016 07:58 PM