I just found out about this,so I thought I would share it with whoever is going to be watching the debates, if you have a rift or vive you can join a virtual plaza where everyone will be chatting about the debates more info at Tonight: Virtual Democracy Plaza ? Join a Debate Watch Party ? VR Voice
    09-26-2016 10:39 PM
    Did you give this a shot? What did you think?
    09-27-2016 12:48 PM
    Honestly I don't at the moment have a Rift or Vive so, short answer is no.
    09-28-2016 12:33 AM
    As tempting as this was, I decided to enjoy the experience with my wife in meatspace, rather than strangers in the metaverse.
    I can't actually use AltspaceVR with my Gear VR for more than 5 minutes before overheating. (Galaxy S6).
    09-29-2016 08:24 AM
    As tempting as this was, I decided to enjoy the experience with my wife in meatspace, rather than strangers in the metaverse.
    I can't actually use AltspaceVR with my Gear VR for more than 5 minutes before overheating. (Galaxy S6).
    Well probably made the right choice, so why does S6 overheat like that?
    09-30-2016 01:35 AM
    Well probably made the right choice, so why does S6 overheat like that?
    From what I've seen on many forums, the S6 is known to be the worst for overheating. We've concluded (based on logic, but NOT backed with any data!) that this is due to its small size compared to the S6 Edge and compatible Note Series phones. It may be that its smaller surface area doesn't allow the heat to dissipate as quickly. The S7 apparently addressed the issue by adding dedicated hardware to help dissipate the heat (cooling pipe or something??).

Again, this is all speculation, but it certainly seems to be true that the S6 overheats more often than other Gear VR compatible phones.
    09-30-2016 09:55 AM
    From what I've seen on many forums, the S6 is known to be the worst for overheating. We've concluded (based on logic, but NOT backed with any data!) that this is due to its small size compared to the S6 Edge and compatible Note Series phones. It may be that its smaller surface area doesn't allow the heat to dissipate as quickly. The S7 apparently addressed the issue by adding dedicated hardware to help dissipate the heat (cooling pipe or something??).

Again, this is all speculation, but it certainly seems to be true that the S6 overheats more often than other Gear VR compatible phones.
    I see, so then would you recommend staying away from the S6 unless it's an Edge model?
    09-30-2016 06:37 PM
    I see, so then would you recommend staying away from the S6 unless it's an Edge model?
    I suppose that all depends how much you plan to use it for VR. As far as the phone goes, I love it. It's still very fast/responsive, and does everything I need, and I have no immediate plans to upgrade. If you can afford to get a newer phone, I'd obviously say to go with an S7 model, but I'm hesitant to say you should avoid the S6. It all depends on your needs and budget.
    10-02-2016 05:26 PM