Other than playing games and possibly watching a movie or show, what other uses does VR have?
    06-29-2016 03:20 PM
    Lots of practical uses. In Real estate, or home improvement for example. Education and training, and also practice for those who are already trained BUT want to do a trail run. For example lets say a doctor is doing a delicate operation and needs precise timing, he/she could use VR to make a few trial runs before operating. It could be used in military, and in space mission planning also. Simulating and practicing the sortie or mission BEFORE actually committing full resources. The possibilities are endless!
    Lots of practical uses. In Real estate, or home improvement for example. Education and training, and also practice for those who are already trained BUT want to do a trail run. For example lets say a doctor is doing a delicate operation and needs precise timing, he/she could use VR to make a few trial runs before operating. It could be used in military, and in space mission planning also. Simulating and practicing the sortie or mission BEFORE actually committing full resources. The possibilities are endless!
    Penguwin likes this.
    07-01-2016 01:21 PM
    Exactly what pkcable said! I currently work for a medical device manufacturer and we have quite a few 3D and VR products in the pipeline... some to even be used during actual surgeries, not just prep / trial runs.

This technology is really at its infancy as far as it's application.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-01-2016 05:02 PM
    I am in architectural design school and want to focus on VR as a way to better design and present buildings.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-01-2016 06:33 PM