In addition to being an avid gamer, I'm also an avid listener of radio dramas, particularly old time radio, shows like Gun Smoke, Richard Diamond Private Eye, Dangerous Assignment, Boston Blackie, This Is Your FBI. , Counter Spy to name a few. Anyhow before that I used to listen to a more modern show called "The Theater Of The Mind" more modern day type dramas, So the one thing that occurs to me that where the Theater Of The Mind and VR differ is imagination, like when we read an exciting novel or listen to a radio drama, our mind conjures up images, everyone has different images and doesn't really have one defined look of the characters or setting. VR is more like TV where you already know what the characters look like as well as the settings. It seems like the only aspect of imagination is the development, developers imagine what they would like to see and create it. So the question I have to ask is what can we do to make VR more imagination oriented? I would think that developer kits that the average layman can work with would go a long way, the only thing that comes to mind at the moment Is like Disney's program Infinity, of course that probably will be available for VR. rumor has it Disney is interested in the VR aspect, So as future developers what would you like to create, rather than wait to have created?
    09-07-2016 05:22 PM
    Conceptually speaking I like where you are heading. I think some of the best VR games, or experiences are going to be ones that allow us to use our minds and that build anticipation. Think of a good horror movie or suspense thriller movie. Before you EVER see the killer, or the bad guy you start to get clues and you start to get a mental picture. Good VR will do the same thing. It will cause us to form these pictures in our minds. Also, I think puzzle solving thinking games will lend themselves well to VR. Anyone remember those old Sierra Online adventure games? Kings Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Gabriel Knight, etc? You had to look through the world and find items and use them in unique ways in order to solve problems and get through the game. I think VR can do something like this, and our imagination will play a HUGE part!
    09-09-2016 01:02 PM
    So as future developers what would you like to create, rather than wait to have created?
    For our role, we are completely dedicated to the dark, creepy narrative driven games. On the one hand, we want to bring the storytelling back. But on the other, we are also analyzing the entire way we tell stories all over again.

Right now, games are an extension of the game industry, and as the story telling capabilities get more power and more direct - now is the perfect time for us (as a company) to take a step back and make sure we are creating responsible narratives in our games. There is so much embedded discrimination in games today (especially from major studios) that it has even become a selling method for those large companies.
    09-09-2016 09:09 PM
    I think I get what you are saying as far as the creative aspect or should I say imaginary, yes I remember those Sierra games including Police Quest and EcoQuest, played
    Gabriel Knight once as I recall.I can see that kind of puzzle solving in VR but on much more grander scale, you are right.
    09-10-2016 12:25 AM
    I appreciate what you are saying and I agree developers need to take a responsibility I just think that if the users had a laymans developers kit, they could share in some of that responsibility and at the same time like in Infinity design to our heart's content.
    09-10-2016 12:29 AM
    as far as vr possibilities...i'd rather fly aand such as solve puxxles...
    09-11-2016 03:05 AM
    as far as vr possibilities...i'd rather fly aand such as solve puxxles...
    Gotta agree with you on that one, are we talking about flying with or without a craft? I guess it really doesn't matter.
    09-21-2016 03:08 AM