I was reading an article where they claims that VR didn't receive the huge acceptance expected and the sales weren't close to the projected by the companies.

I understand someone not related with this new set of technologies (VR, AR & MR) might not get how fast it's actually growing (for me at least), I don't know if you people think the same, but after decades of development and forgotten projects VR is a reality, also the HMD and technologies maybe aren't the most sold item, but certainly are creating a new market like no other.

This is one of the charts they showed:

For what I understand more than 4 million new devices were sold that weekend, which for me is a lot, in fact I'm those 4 millions buyers are my new friends just because they are interested in VR lol

Here the link to the article:
    PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive headset sales forecasts: CHART - Business Insider

I would like to see what you think people, here in this forum we have some developers and some tech related workers, so maybe in that area we can see if we are in a sinking ship or not.
    krisguy likes this.
    12-04-2016 05:32 PM
    Gear VR hitting its numbers is easy, as in the US and possible Canada they are giving away a Gear VR with each sale of an S7 and S7 Edge. Gave away 3 myself the last day I worked.
    12-05-2016 01:36 AM
    Gear VR hitting its numbers is easy, as in the US and possible Canada they are giving away a Gear VR with each sale of an S7 and S7 Edge. Gave away 3 myself the last day I worked.
    I was just about to say this. Here in Africa. When you purchase a S7 Edge (Blue Coral) they give you a VR headset with it. Even if you purchase 4 tyres at the garage they give you a VR headset lol.

So i think they are promoting things quite well, but the public use it and like it.
    They are not allowed to not like it ^_^
    the_moesiah likes this.
    12-05-2016 05:06 AM
    What I have found from my own talks with people, nobody knows what it is yet.
    Do you see ads on TV? Hear them on radio? See them in magazines? No?
    Wait until next year. People are still buying quad copters right now.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-05-2016 07:39 PM
    I don't know how the marketing of this is really running to be honest, I think beside of that problem I feel like nobody wants to invest in marketing while there is not a really killer app as they called on the article.

I maybe the reason of that is because there is not a good marketing.

It's weird Facebook didn't invade us with ads about the Rift or something btw.
    12-06-2016 06:24 PM