In my World Geography classroom, we study many places around the world. The virtual reality system, Google Expeditions, would allow my students to take "field trips" to these places. Since I don't have this system, I am utilizing a non-profit crowd funding site called Donorschoose. I have set up a proposal that outline what I am wanting and how it will benefit my students. Please take a look at this proposal and consider donating any amount. Here is the link: https://www.donorschoose.org/project...lengeid=393443 https://www.donorschoose.org/project...lengeid=393443

Thank you in advance!

BTW, DonorsChoose is not like the average crowdfunding sites. All the funds must be raised in 4 months or all donors get a refund. So it is an all or nothing for my students having this technology. Another thing is all donations are tax deductible. They will even send you an email at the end of the year with a link to get your tax slip. When a project is fully funded, the teacher does not receive the funds but DonorsChoose orders all materials and ships them to the teachers. Thus donors are assured the money donated is spent on actually what the proposal stated.
    06-09-2018 06:01 PM
    06-11-2018 04:41 PM
    Thank you!!! You have made my day. I can't wait to see how the kids will react when this project gets funded.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-11-2018 09:42 PM
    Thought I would give everyone an update! I have had several donations and still have a long way to go. Currently I am looking for 10 people to donate $20 towards my classroom by Sunday. If you decide to donate, THANK YOU!!! Not only to I appreciate you but my students will too.

If you have VR then you understand how it will transform a World Geography classroom.
    06-14-2018 07:55 PM