Well It's not exactly a VR device (so far).

SONY MOTION SONIC is a wearable (wristband) which uses movement to influence the music you are listening. To achieve that it has some sensors like: tracking rotation, angle, and acceleration, and a trio of microphones.

What was interesting for me was the fact that it can register movement and uses it even the sound produce for the air while you are moving your arm, I though it can be a great device to substitute in some experiences the regular controllers, maybe even some sport activities can use this kind of devices instead of regular controllers.

They have a lot of videos about it in the site: MOTION SONIC PROJECT | Sony

First time I saw it I recall the game where you need to move your arms to run, but also all those sweating activities in VR related with Gyms and stuff like that, it's always easier to protect a microphone than a more complex device like the controller, also because it's a wristband I guess cleaning it faster too.

What kind of device you will bring to VR even when it's not conceived for it?
    pkcable likes this.
    03-23-2017 09:09 PM
    Nice. Been noticing a few articles mentioning Sony is starting to ramp up PSVR products such as this and new games/software. Looking forward to seeing what else they have in store for PSVR/PS in the future.

The Sonic band looks cool. Hope it will be used with other types of software.
    03-25-2017 11:58 AM
    Well so far I think it's only a prototype and there is no a consumer version or something, but from I&D is where the nice gadgets are created.
    03-26-2017 05:18 PM
    I was like, oh cool an expensive wristband that makes static noises. But then the actual music started. Looks pretty neat and what a step up from the build quality of the Move controllers lol
    03-27-2017 07:33 PM
    I was like, oh cool an expensive wristband that makes static noises. But then the actual music started. Looks pretty neat and what a step up from the build quality of the Move controllers lol

Well let's say I though the same, but I saw more and more videos:

03-28-2017 08:43 PM
    Its cool
    03-31-2017 01:45 PM