Here is an interesting mix of art meets virtual reality.

Note: The Art Gallery of Ontario is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) will hold an exhibition titled "Small Wonders: Gothic Boxwood Miniatures".

For those who are wondering (as was I) what are "Gothic Boxwood Miniatures" they look like this:

Cool eh? These little things cannot be touched when visiting them in person at the gallery. So you can imagine such a small thing behind a glass box is not to much fun. Especially if you wish to see all of the details up close. So the AGO created an exhibition to give art lovers a new way of appreciating this work of art up close without physicaly touching the Gothic boxwood miniatures. They will be using HTC Vive head mounted display units.

According to the following article:

"[T]he experience is included in general admission and runs during regular gallery hours from December 2nd to 11th, though the larger exhibit runs until January 27th."

Also the "[...]experience took shape five years ago, with a research campaign that imaged the carvings using a micro-CT scanner at the Department of Sustainable Archaeology at Western University, and rendered and segmented them using 3D analysis software (ORS SI)."

If this is something that interests you, additional information about he exhibit can be found in this article.
    11-28-2016 08:36 PM
    If you go there please take some pictures mate! that looks interesting, and be careful with how they share the ViVE, you know , eye herpes :P
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-28-2016 10:58 PM
    If you go there please take some pictures mate! that looks interesting, and be careful with how they share the ViVE, you know , eye herpes :P
    If only I lived in Toronto I would have taken pictures and take extra precautions to protect my eyes.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-29-2016 06:30 AM
    I don't know why I though you were in Toronto, you are in Quevec, don't you? Canada is big and mostly empty :P I mean because it has a lot of free space between cities.
    11-29-2016 08:37 AM
    I don't know why I though you were in Toronto, you are in Quevec, don't you? Canada is big and mostly empty :P I mean because it has a lot of free space between cities.
    LoL I like he in Ottawa which is right next to Quebec

11-29-2016 02:57 PM
    Damn that's cool!

11-29-2016 03:44 PM