I'm looking to try to solve a Covid based problem. We're not allowed to travel between our manufacturing plants and there is a pressing need in the next 3-4 weeks. The cost of a portable 8k 360' camera has finally reached that of a plane ticket, so was trying to see if there was a way to walk the shop with one and then securely live transmit to multiple off-site participants (5-8) who are wearing VR headsets. Ideally would be able to talk from headset to the plant as well.

My IT team would probably have a fit over facebook / wechat / wowza / some of the other small startups from a security risk prospective as they will be walking through areas which contain trade secrets. Youtube only allows for live stream from mobile devices when you have >1000 subscribers which also defeats the purpose and IT again would be concerned. Teams/Zoom don't do 360' streaming. https://omegle.onl/ vshare

I already have an HTC VIVE and Oculus Quest for playing with on the receiving side, but willing to purchase other solutions that are reasonable in cost (<$10k all in for 8 remote sites). So does anyone know of a software / virtual solution for 360' live stream while walking around that meets this?
    Last edited by alibabakes5; 08-07-2020 at 03:02 AM.
    08-05-2020 12:31 AM