According to this article over at the Verge, Samsung is planning to announce a new Gear VR soon, and are working on a HoloLens / Magic Leap device.

Even though I know it won't happen, I reeeeaaaly wish that Samsung would just build their device to run Windows Holographic and build on the work that Microsoft has already done. It would be nice to see the platform grow and get stronger rather than having another player come in and reinvent the wheel - diluting the ecosystem in the process.
    12-16-2016 04:05 PM
    Samsung is rather hellbent on being their own everything. If they could dump android they would. Hopefully with their partnership being with Oculus and Oculus on this standards board we can see some standardization with them.
    12-16-2016 06:35 PM
    Hopefully the additions of big names like Samsung and Sony will be able to bring vr to more people with products like the PSVR and different iterations of the Gear VR.
    12-16-2016 07:54 PM
    Samsung is rather hellbent on being their own everything..
    Isn't that what MS wants/has always wanted? Rule over everything.
    12-18-2016 06:43 PM
    According to this article over at the Verge, Samsung is planning to announce a new Gear VR soon, and are working on a HoloLens / Magic Leap device.

Even though I know it won't happen, I reeeeaaaly wish that Samsung would just build their device to run Windows Holographic and build on the work that Microsoft has already done. It would be nice to see the platform grow and get stronger rather than having another player come in and reinvent the wheel - diluting the ecosystem in the process.
    I read something like they are partnering with Microsoft and Magic Leap to do the AR device, so maybe will be a cheap version of the Hololens.
    EgoAnt likes this.
    12-20-2016 11:37 PM
    Affordable hololens- like devices would be really awesome and cool to see people using on a day to day basis.
    12-21-2016 06:57 AM
    I'd like to see more cross platform stuff, personally. While it would be cool to see affordable Hololens headsets, the ability to not be quite so locked into one specific platform would be awesome.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-21-2016 06:07 PM
    I'd like to see more cross platform stuff, personally. While it would be cool to see affordable Hololens headsets, the ability to not be quite so locked into one specific platform would be awesome.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Exactly and the mobile platforms are alreayd kind of locked in with various stores so I am not as excited about things on the mobile phone side of VR.
    12-22-2016 01:05 PM