Oculus does not accept returns of any open box products under any circumstances. This includes defective products, undisclosed compatibility issues or any other reason. If the box is opened you are screwed. The Better Business Bureau rates the company as an F. This is ridiculous and I would encourage everyone to consider other products or make their Oculus purchases through third party sellers such as Amazon or Ebay. Buying directly from Oculus is a huge risk from a company that refuses to back up their product.

My laptop passed all test and met all minimum requirements. It was not until after I received the product and tried to use that I ran into problems. My laptop has the nVidia 1050ti processor which is the minimum required. But it is integrated into the motherboard of my Dell 7567 laptop. I ran the compatibility test from Oculus and passed so I ordered the product. After receiving it and not being able to get video through the headset I did some more research and discovered the Rift will not work with systems that run the Intel Optimus Technology. I contacted Oculus support to return the product and was told no open box returns are accepted and then they tried to sell me a computer.
    11-29-2017 12:29 AM
    Maybe try their twitter? Many companies respond well when you reach out via social.

https://twitter.com/oculus
    11-30-2017 09:14 AM
    That really is a shame, Dave. Looks like a few people have had the same issue with no luck as to getting it to work. Like pkcable said, try putting them on public blast, but Oculus is gonna Oculus.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-30-2017 04:32 PM