Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin have been rising in popularity and utility, and they are entering our realm here at VR Heads.

If you're not familiar with what cryptocurrencies are, they're basically encrypted digital currencies using a distributed ledger system (blockchain) that aims to eliminate the problems inherent to the double entry ledger currently used in the financial industry. The rise of these technologies not only provides income opportunity, but many of the digital coins have utility associated with them and aim to disrupt (yes, a buzz word, I know) various industries.

Several coins aim to disrupt or enhance the VR space by tying digital assets such as items you earn in-game to blockchains, allowing users to buy and sell those assets separately from any centralized body. For example, if you win the super special double Excalibur sword from game 1, you can bring it into game 2, assuming both games are tied in to the system. Or you could sell the sword to your friend and make some real money on it. Another scenario is more of a Second Life-like one, where there's digital land that can be bought and sold.

FusedVR on YouTube has a short video explaining why he thinks this is important to the VR and AR world:

I think we are in exciting times and there's a lot of innovation to look forward to and this is just one avenue for that innovation. What do you think?
    01-15-2018 08:51 PM
    01-16-2018 07:41 AM